1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ready for another foster

Discussion in 'Rescue & Adoption' started by DocReverto, Mar 21, 2013.

1. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Well the pain of Jala being gone has passed. So I'm ready to do it again.

Any leads of a female dobe in need right now?

I followed Craigslist. Got burned by one guy. The other...well...lets just say I didn't tolerate the lady's ignorance and I'm clearly no longer her buddy. I don't normally tell people off, but man did I with this one. She basically told me she could care less where her dog ends up, as long as she gets her money and its over quickly.

I will be patrolling kill shelters this weekend to see what I can find, but if anyone has any tips on serious situations let me know. Thanks!

• Like Like x 9
  2. hottdaddyswife

hottdaddyswife Hot Topics Subscriber

im so sorry for your loss, i had no idea. im not in your area, are u opposed to finding a female in need in another state?

• Like Like x 2
  3. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Sorry poor wording on my part.

Jala was my first foster. Awhile back I placed her in an perfect home.

Im not opposed to out of state rescue if its needed.

• Like Like x 3
  4. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

This time I'd like to pull a dobe that's on death row. So anyone in Missouri Kansas or Oklahoma that's an ok amount of driving.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

I am curious - if you are trying to rescue a dog why tick the people off?? If they made you upset seems it would be even more important to get the dog out of their situation as they are most likely not treating the dog right. Or were they wanting too much money? I am just trying to understand.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

When the deal fell through, that's when i went off on her.
    :)

I'm not really worried about that though, all I care about is finding the right one.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

The lady was so paranoid about a scam that it just couldn't work. You would have to see the emails to understand.

I think you know just how dumb these people can be.

• Like Like x 1
  8. hottdaddyswife

oh, ok. that makes me feel better that she was placed in a home instead of what i thought...

• Like Like x 2
  9. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Yea, sorry I could see how my post could be misconstrued. Jala (my last foster)

Has a very loving home. Her owners even are members here, but don't post much.

I got really attached to her so moving on took awhile. I think it's important I continue to foster when I can, so it's time to buck up.

• Like Like x 2
  10. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Well Kansas seemed to be on top of their game.

Couldn't find a single doberman in a kill shelter or desperate need.

Missouri and Oklahoma are pretty bad. Will keep searching!

• Like Like x 2
  11. hottdaddyswife

i think i got pretty lucky, i found both my dobes on craigslist. my male was definitely a rescue, and my female just needed a permanent home. her previous owner were a truck driving husband and wife, and they just wanted her to live out the rest of her life in a good home instead of on the road. im actually still in contact with them and they come and see her when they are in town. both of my babies are a blessing for me! good luck with your search, and if i can help in any way, please, dont hesitate to ask.

• Like Like x 3
  12. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

Got something in the works with KCDR. Will keep you guys updated as I know more.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

That's great. Hope it works out!

• Like Like x 1
  14. watson123

watson123 Active Member

well i don't know of any! but if i happen to see or hear about one in need i'll tell you.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Berkena

Berkena New Member

Howdy All,
    Well we have decided that we would be helping the Doberman community more if we to adopted ... We are looking for a female, we live in Nebraska and there really isn't any in state that we can find... so if any of you hear of a Dobie in need semi close to NE let me know please.. I will be checking Craigslist, as well as the local shelters and such..
    Thanks All :dobe:

16. DocReverto

DocReverto Formerly CRD

I thought I saw a 3 yr old in Omaha. I'll see if i can find that listing.

17. Berkena

Berkena New Member

Thank you it may have come in since i first looked at that area... you and i are close to the same physical area sort of lol. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I have an idea.... instead of fostering you can borrow my soon to be puppy when she has me pulling my hair out :p I live close so it's kinda like helping out the community and she would be a Doberman. LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  19. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Depending on where in NE you are you might consider some from the Doberman Rescue of Colorado: Doberman Rescue of Colorado. I'm not sure they adopt out of state but it might be worth checking. There is also the Doberman Rescue of Nebraska: Doberman Rescue of Nebraska.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Berkena

Berkena New Member

We are pretty much smack in the southern middle of Nebraska in the small town of Minden.