1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

RAW Diets For Dogs Are They Better?

Discussion in 'Doberman Health and News Articles' started by strykerdobe, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

How exciting! Wow, down from 4 piles! Lol, I totally forgot about their farts.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

THEY WERE TOXIC!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:usa::dobe::cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

The immediate change to calmness MIGHT be because of the hand feeding requiring her to focus more so she doesn't bite you. But the calmness should remain. We saw the same change occur in Kaiser after the switch to raw.

Also, K is an intact male for what it's worth. I don't know how female dogs are during their heat, so I can't comment on whether the end of her cycle plays a part in this.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GOD'S GRACE

My last Dobe was calm too (raw diet)...but I got her at 1 1/2 yrs so I never thought too much about it...she was never ADD. so like you said I hope it's a welcome change for good... :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. WiglWerm

WiglWerm Hot Topics Subscriber

It's the FOOD! No carbs/sugars=a calmer more focused dog. January will be a year of raw feeding my crew, I have never regretted it!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GOD'S GRACE

Makes sense...glad too! :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. GOD'S GRACE

My last UPDATE
    Day 5
    More energy outside
    Less hungry between feedings
    Fewer times to POOOO and much smaller
    More affection when together inside
    Calmer....
    I've now had 5 dogs on Raw and I believe it's the way to go. I waited for Grace to be 11 months old and mature enough to chew bone...I prepare food ahead of time and freeze some and leave 2 days in the frig...when I remove a feeding from the frig, I replace it with a frozen one...that defrosts it in time without having to use water, etc...thanks for reading! :):thumbsup2:

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  8. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I am so happy the raw is working for Grace! Don’t you love the poops are smaller and not smelly. That was the one thing I noticed immediately. Makes me feel good knowing they are getting the benefit of all the food with very little waste.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Awesome! Calmer because of much less Carbs or Sugars. Also some preservatives in foods can cause anxiety issues in pets.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
  10. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This was an issue with my two. The raw made a huge difference in them being less emotional, more confident and stable.......beyond their normal insane energy levels.:D

• Like Like x 3
  11. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

@GOD'S GRACE I actually saw the "more focused" phenomenon in my last boy when I started feeding him raw. He came to me at about 3 years old, having been fed Ol'Roy :)facepalm:); immediately switched to a high quality kibble but then switched to raw about 6 months after that. Even on good kibble, he had some pretty gnarly :poop:. Raw was the only thing that got that under control.

*my cautionary tail* for all the good it did him, he was a gulper and did end up with a perforated intestine from a bone. Giant cuts of meat, frozen anything, didn't slow him down. After that, I actually bought a grinder and ground his daily bone intake (chicken wings, rabbits, etc.). He still got a big ham bone every week or so to gnaw on but he could not be trusted to break up stuff on his own.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. GOD'S GRACE

I've seemed to always get Gulpers...so I have learned how the take the Meat Hammer and pulverize the bone without destroying the meat...it takes a little practice, but that's how I avoid bones being swallowed in big pieces.

13. GOD'S GRACE

WHO DOES GRACE THINK SHE'S DEALING WITH?...Just because raw food agrees with her and it's really calmed her down, she thinks every time I open the Frig, it's dinner time....THEN THE WHINING....begins...she thinks this is my first rodeo! so, I have decided her nuts and berry treats should be right on the first shelf...LOL

They learn quickly, she used to hang out near the panty and the dry food....oh no! She knows it's in the big black box now!!!
    :pacman:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

It's like the universe revolves around them. Kaiser thinks every meal is for him. Guess what, dog, we need to eat too!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1