Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Random Photo of the Day - 2020 - post yours!

Discussion in 'The Pet Post (Non Doberman)' started by jazzies mum, Dec 31, 2019.

1. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

^^^^^^ That's a happy and contented Doberface! :love:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

He is such an attentive momma’s boy. We got upgraded to first class because of my big beautiful boy. He watched everyone that walked by with such awesome perfect manners. He actually put his paw on my lap while in a sit when plane was loading as if to say; “this is my mom and she belongs to me.” He laid down at my feet quietly during the entire flights. We had a 5hr layover in Miami when returning and his airport manners were impeccable. He ignored everyone but me. So very proud of him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow x 3
  3. jazzies mum

You were actually allowed to have him in the cabin with you? Wow! Here they have to travel in a cargo area, although with cabin air pressure. Bet everyone was HUGELY impressed with his manners, including me! :thumbsup:

• I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Gooood morning!!
    20200216_093837.jpg

And sooooo freaking foggy this morning!
    20200216_094410.jpg

• Like Like x 12
  5. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

Jasper really loves to play chuck-it. I have to wash his face when we get home. The slobber is crazy.

AB68E371-0A68-4D25-93D3-FC3C7F406591.jpeg
    7ECF6628-9611-47E8-9EDE-803927B7DC6E.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Tropicalbri's

We have been training him as my service dog. He alerts me to changes in my blood sugar so it gives me time to medicate myself before my BG tanks to 45. I don’t feel it coming on as fast as I used to. He started doing this on his own when he was around 7-8mo. It took several times for me to realize he was actually alerting me before it clicked. He seems to be very intuitive of my needs before I am.

• Wow x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Tropicalbri's

There is just something very moving about seeing a Doberman through a mist. So eerily beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

ACA89A42-DA39-469C-9D19-FBED10059F22.jpeg

0865BACD-3C4C-417D-A056-4170A25B7FF5.jpeg

Ragnar at the park this morn, so much fun watching him run all out chasing the birds.....
    of course asshat lives to his name. He looked at the goose poop, then looked dead at me, then gobbled up the goose poop.

Threw up breakfast and lunch. Gave probiotics, yogurt and half cup kibble around 5pm and he kept it down. Normally would not feed him at all but he was going crazy for something to eat.

And the family wants another?
    I have a very hard time keeping up with this one.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  9. obbanner

obbanner $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

AJ and his half sister Adele today. We met both his grannies, had a fun afternoon talking Dobermans and went out to dinner. The temperature was an unbelievable forty degrees!

20200217_001647.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Wow x 1
  10. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I took Rio today to see an ophthalmologist. As you can see vets hardly stress him out. He weighs 81 lbs! I noticed a couple weeks ago a cloudy spot on his eye and it was always running, although clear without any gunk. He seemed to see fine but would itch his face on me. Well I will say this particular vet hospital is amazing, and the tech and vet were so great with him. Turns out he has a condition called corneal dystrophy which is kind of like having eye floaters. It’s basically harmless with no treatment necessary THANK GOODNESS but I will keep attention on it in case it develops into something more. This dog!

C55B2F8C-75CF-4797-AEB1-5BF2E715B62B.jpeg DF4F0D27-F6E5-4E41-AA88-730C57BEF1C8.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
  11. jazzies mum

^^^^^ Good news, and he IS a good boy at the vets! :thumbsup2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MyBuddy

Awww, Glad to hear that There is nothing seriously wrong. I have floaters too! I can relate LOL.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

@Brioddy glad it was nothing! Moose's littermate has cataracts in both eyes, apparently. Like... WHY?! He's not even 2! I would go so far as to say he's obese though so not sure if it's somehow related.

This Dingo and her Sunday snuggles...
    IMG_20200216_165003.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Brioddy

Brioddy Notable member

I have floaters too! Lol I remember at first they were so annoying but now I don’t even notice them. @LifeofRubie was Moos littermate diagnosed as having cataracts or does it just look like it? I ask because while Rio has his because it’s genetic they can also come on from being diet related. And they kind of look like cataracts. But cataracts you can remove, I was told these lipid deposits on his eyes would just come back because it’s in his genes to have them I guess. Poor guy but at least it’s nothing major. Rio is definitely living up to his name... DE DINERO!! Lol!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

I haven't talked with his owner directly but they take therapy dog class with the same lady who does our agility classes so I heard from her that they found it during a routine vet visit.

I still chuckle when I think about Rio's registered name and how appropriate it is :facepalm::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Tropicalbri's

EED786BB-C21F-4AB5-AD1D-177FB83B5C53.jpeg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 14
  17. jazzies mum

^^^^^ :spit: SMB! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

2C37163A-EFED-48F9-8D4E-B7F4B92ED6ED.jpeg

Today’s dinner... Venison (pre-made complete) whole sprats, spinach, clementine, blueberries & Chia seeds :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Wow x 2
  19. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That face :love:
    20200219_193500.jpg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 10
    • Like Like x 4
  20. MyBuddy

I think he's going to wake up with a crick in his neck.:wideyed: