Random Pet Video of the Day - Share yours!

I couldn’t believe he actually got it. The ball was sinking pretty quick so imagine my surprise when he came up with it in his mouth.

Taught Ragnar a new trick. As said in other post, I find it difficult to teach him tricks. Just like fetch, he is not interested in stuff like that, he likes to run and play rough instead. But....he really took to playing dead. Don’t know why but he got this one in about 15mins. It is pretty funny and dramatic, my girls love it.

In response to @LifeofRubie, this is how I wear him down when needed. Forgive the hunting coveralls, but the temp dropped from the 50’s to the upper 30’s less than 24hrs. To be honest, I was very surprised at Ragnar’s reaction. He is going crazy in this cold weather. He absolutely loves it!!

Tied a rope to a tree branch and attached a rubber toy. Have to change out the toy every month. It is something him and I engage in and I don’t have to chase him around. And if I let him out by himself, it occupies him pretty well. I can get as rough as I want or play keep away and have him work on jumping to build his muscles. When he wants, he can jump and grab that rubber toy out of my hand at 6+ feet. In saying this, he is one that if you don’t move out of his way when he is coming, he will launch and spear you down. It’s funny because besides me, only my 13y/o will play keep away tug with him.

When I get a chance to video, my girls play keep away with a tennis ball, sometimes a soccer ball. Now that is funny to watch.

Sounds like your boy likes the cold more than you do - I'm not surprised! @Ddski5 the tree tug toy is an awesome idea. For all the similarities our Dobes have, here's a difference. Teaching "play dead", or as we call it "flat", was not easy at all. It was a full week of my hb trying it and apparently only I managed to get the position cemented. Kaiser has never been one to expose his belly very easily and it's something he rarely does with my hb, but he has done it with me. It took high value treats to convince him to lay down like that - regardless he will whale eye my hb, but not me - I think it's a trust issue lol but who knows what they're thinking!

Tied a rope to a tree branch and attached a rubber toy. Have to change out the toy every month. It is something him and I engage in and I don’t have to chase him around.
Oh yeah, that's like a stationary flirt pole but I'm pretty sure they have another name that I can't think of. A lot of times they'll occupy themselves with it so it's a great way to burn off the energy.

Love his "play dead" trick!

Whale eye....side eye.

Cracks me up every time, Ragnar does it. It’s that side glance of, “what the hell ya doing/thinking??”
If Jazz gives me the side eye it means she is up for some mischief! It goes with a lowered and tilted head. Get ready to rumble! Got the whale eye the other day when she was on her back on her trampoline bed, with a mouth full of hessian fibres she had just been removing! Sprung! And she rolled her eyes and did the "very sorry puppy" while I quietly told her what I thought of that! And they reckon dogs don't have expressions? :rofl:

This boy loves the pool and his balls so much even if the weather is cool.
If no one will throw the ball for him he will drop it in the pool then jump in after it. He is addicted to swimming.:D

If no one will throw the ball for him he will drop it in the pool then jump in after it. He is addicted to swimming.:D
God this is so cute! He's so excited for it! And then there is Bacall, it's as if she's excited on his behalf lol, but won't get in to join in on the fun.

Sounds like he's saying "hurry up, hurry up!!!!!" And Jazz understood that something really good was happening somewhere and came in from her nap with bright eyes and waggy tail. :biggrin:

Back