• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Rahdy's Doberman

I do not know this breeder and I've never heard of them, I not a fan of Cactus Cash or Cambria (the backline on their dogs) the kenneled that breed him. They bred that dog to any and every and know one ever calls them out for being way less the reputable. Maybe because their dogs are in all the show peoples pedigrees, ya think!!!!! Cash is just not to my liking he has a very weak head and to many of his get are over angulated in the rear, ofcourse this depends on the bitch he's bred to but the breeder in question seems to line breed off of him, not a wise choice in my opinion. Lots of questions in my mind in regards to health from his grandsire all through those lines. I rarely suggest to people not to talk and inquire and I can't see any reason not to inquire here. Again this is my opinion on looks and health, Athenadobe may like that type of look on a Dobermann. Always do as much research as possible and it's very important to explain to any breeder if you have a main interest in owning such as Personel Protection, Sport, Show (conformation) Agility and any other reason for purchasing a pup. Your needs will narrow down your selection of a breeder dramatically. Von

Very good response, as usual from Von Cosack. Athena Dobe, I do not know this breeder, I do recognize the lines - they are not my personal taste for phenotype. But I am not the one looking to buy a puppy for me - No matter what anyone said - good or bad, I would always go check them out for your self. One of the major components for me, and that helped me so much when I started out with my first doberman is breeder support. that may or may not be important to you. If it is you won't get a feel as to what this breeder will be like to work with unless you go visit or spend some time interviewing them on the telephone. Not every breeder is a fit for every buyer, for me it never hurts to gather more first hand personal information.

There is lots of good information about the questions to ask - cause once you see puppies its hard to think straight *LOL* so go to the sticky thread above and read the "12 tips red flags when looking for dog breeders"

Good luck in your search!

Rhady's is one of the old time big kennels - You will see their dogs in a lot of the older pedigrees - one of their biggest dogs was CH Rahdy's Sail the Seven Seas. He is one of the famous sons of Cryptonite. Call name Sinbad. They breed for show.

I'm just looking for a companion puppy. I saw a picture of a Gaza puppy that I really liked so I thought I'd ask about his and his breeder. Thanks for the info! I'm not looking to make a quick decision so I'll keep looking around.

Gaza is quite popular with the AKC show crowd that also does obedience so perhaps he offers a bit of drive although certainbly not what you'd expect from a Euro breeding. A friend of mine has a Gaza daughter and is quite pleased with how willing she is. This friend has put a UD and a Mach on a previous dog that was very drivey. She has also had a deadhead so appreciates the difference. That said, Eddie(Cambria's Cactus Cash) is my least fav dog in the pedigree. The rest are some very nice dogs with good temp. Depending on the female, you should be very pleased with a Gaza kid.

Assuming they've done appropriate health testing and you are looking for a companion dog, if you like the looks of their dogs I'd say contact them. Whether we personally like the looks of the lines or not, they are certainly active with their dogs and the titles in the pedigrees suggest the dogs are worthy of being bred.

Back