Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Ragnar offleash in front yard

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by Ddski5, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

One of the silly questions I asked back in the day:
    “With daily training involved, how long do you think it takes to achieve the obedient Doberman I dream of??”

In less than a month Ragnar will be 2y/o, my crazy Mach12 asshat really makes me proud....

Yes, he has the ECollar on but I have not used it in awhile, I use it more for insurance now.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wow x 1
  2. Ddski5

Oops.... here is the video.

• Like Like x 6
    • Wow x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 5
  3. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Look at all that hard work ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Hey that’s awesome! He even ignores the barking dogs!

5. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Good boy! And no shame leaving that ecollar on, no sir! You're being realistic and know that he's a thinking being that *can* make mistakes. You're simply protecting him. Good job to you both! Its all downhill from here...the foundation has been set and now you're seeing your hard work paying off. Keep it up!

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Awesome job!! He is calm and very responsive. I love it.
    I always have the ecollars on my twins when they go outside. Like @Rits said, it’s that insurance policy of knowing if something occurs, you can reach out and tap them to bring their focus back to you.
    I seldom use the settings on the collar but it’s comforting to know it’s like an invisible leash and I have control for their safety.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  7. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Very good boy!!! Nice work
    Did I here a Heel command in the middle of your French commands. :tonguewink:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow! Excellent job! I love when he got too close to the road and would come back when you tell him that! Really nice. You can tell that you've worked hard with him!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Ddski5

@Doberman Gang

Yeah, I use heel instead of Aupied (oh-pee-aye). I was having issues with him doing or even recognizing Aupied.

I find that I like the one syllable commands better and quicker to use. Prob makes no difference, I just thought and was surprised when he picked up heel better, so we stuck with it.

Thanks all for the nice compliments.

For all the new members that have come on board, yes it is possible. Don’t get too frustrated and give up, keep on working/training. One day you will break through that crazy puppy phase and he will be ready to follow through with all the training you’ve been doing in the past.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  10. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

I was just messing with you. He does look really good. Did you teach da-boo?

• Like Like x 1
  11. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Awesome job! :thumbsup2:

12. Ddski5

Actually, he has always been so spastic to move out of down and sit that I’ve had a difficult time teaching that command. He DOES NOT like to be in down/sit in public, drives him nuts to not be in stance.

I am glad you asked this because it reminds me this is something I need to revisit. He appears to have calmed down some and looks for my direction of his next step so it may be much easier now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

I MUST say Ragnar did a great job of teaching you how to be the alpha
    :biggrin:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Anything involving not moving :rolleyes: It’s like he goes deaf.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Ddski5

This is such an accurate statement.

Ragnar was/is the kind in which, you do not establish....then he will. As you can see in the video, he heeled a little off but he cued closer with a follow up command. He usually wants to do things his way not my way. I make darn sure to follow up everytime with him finishing the command correctly.

Funny how independent he is but at the same time he is flies on crap velcro on me.

• Like Like x 2
  16. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Wow he's doing great! New puppy owners need to use this as inspiration since it can be done if you put some effort into it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

Does the name Ragnar Lodbrok mean anything to u

18. Ddski5

I watched the ‘Vikings’ series and really liked the way Ragnar Lothbrok or Lodbrok came from the nothingness of being a peasant to the most revered and feared Viking on both land and seas- thus my Doberman Ragnar.

One of his sayings that I like:

“Don’t waste your time looking back; you’re not going that way.”

• Like Like x 2
  19. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

I loved the series, Heck I may even name my pup ROLLO

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. ksirr

ksirr New Member

Ragnar is one of the names on my list for a male. Lagertha is on my list for female. Lol

• Like Like x 1