1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Quick eye question-third membrane showing both sides

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by CleoMcC, Jul 21, 2019.

1. CleoMcC

CleoMcC Jr Member

DB81E41E-65C5-4254-BE8A-F7820F4588EF.jpeg Hi all. Quick question. My 5 year old male just woke up from his nap and both third eyelids are covering most of both eyes.

Yesterday, he had big clear mucous discharge in both eyes. He seems to get these clear globs every spring for a few weeks from allergies (he went to a vet for it the first time for the diagnosis of allergic conjunctivitis). I just pull them off a few times a day and all is good usually.

From what I read, the differential diagnosis includes allergic conjunctivitis. He has never had the third membrane affected with his usual spring allergies though.

The conjunctiva are not red nor swollen. I am ruling out dehydration as a cause because he has access to water all the time and was only out in the heat for about 15 mins a few times today.

Anyone have any other thoughts? It is not a particularly high allergen time in NJ now 6/10) so not sure if this is his usual diagnosis.

I will be taking him to the vet if it persists tomorrow so no worries there.

2. CleoMcC

CleoMcC Jr Member

I just got back from swimming a few hours later. His third membranes are back to normal now. His eyes just look like his spring allergy eyes now. Thanks for reading.

• Like Like x 3
  3. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Glad everything worked out.
    They get us so stressed about these sort of things don’t they?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. CleoMcC

CleoMcC Jr Member

Yes! I was so creeped out by the eyelids...I don’t know how he could see.

5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Kinda like us....waking from a sleep and have gunk in our eyes. I wonder if having an extra membrane in there kinda makes it worse a little. So many areas the gunk can get stuck in and irritate.