• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Question for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
After telling a friend that I would not post the pups on the internet or in the paper she suggested the AKC website...

What do you all think???

Again their not even here yet, so I really shouldnt be worried so much about it yet, but I really want them to go to great homes...

Do you think that the AKC website may be an option? It would only be used if the pups hadnt found a home by 10 weeks of age...
Hopefully it wont come to that, but you all know me...I think way way ahead.

Any suggestions?

Alright, so I read the AKC website... and it seems to just be another add site for breeders... Not exactly what I thought it was...
For some reason I thought that you already had to be registered to view the adds... NOPE....

There are some great websites on the internet. I would not say to never advertise on the interent. We do not advertise on kiji or any of the other kennel sites because they do attract the scams and spammers who offer to buy "your puppy" and will send money order for double the amount, deposit and western union the extra money to a third party who will pick up the puppy. Of course the money order is no good but you have wired money off before you know that....
If you have a website made up to link to that will screen alot of the customers. You can also have just an email so that you can screen the replies and not be bothered by phone calls at 2am from the West Coast.
I have not even looked at the AKC website however but can not see where that would not be a good place to try. I used to look at the ads in the Gazette litter listings umpteen years ago. You can also type up a screening letter to send at your first reply to anyone answering the ad. It saves a lot of time. Good luck. Anne

The AKC website would most likely not place very many Z factored puppies or I would think. Where you advertise is not as important as who you sell to or what contract you use or if you sell limited. Although, the sites mentioned are not dog related sites, nor do they have a good reputation for selling your dogs. They are put down many times because they take credit cards and sell to the first person that shows up with full registration. If you email me privately, I will be glad to share a contract with you that will protect your puppies from breeders. Z factored puppies should not be bred. Accident happened but what you do after that matters to each of those puppies. I hope you will consider protecting them as best you can. Full registration puts them more at risk than where you advertise. But then, it depends on if you want to place them in the best homes or sell them for the best possible price.

I hope this helps. Those puppies are precious lives and need to find the best of homes where they will be fixed, worked with, and loved.

Becky

I know Dela has a contract, she sent it to me to review however my version of office (2003) would not open the .doc.

I totally agree that it is less important where the pups are advertized than that the homes are well screened. She is planning to place on limited and is going to screen the homes. I believe she has mentioned either on the list or im PM (can't rem which) that she even planned to visit potential homes. She has also mentioned pediatric spay as an extra safety measure to ensure they are never bred. If the homes are good homes, that should not be needed. I personally do not like the idea of pediatric spay because of the potential for growth problems, (and I know some will disagree with me) but I do understand that she is just trying to do what is right.

I do not think the price is an issue at all to her.

Again with the Z factor. What in the world does this have to do with the topic at hand which is where would be a good site to advertise for prospective owners for delas puppies?! :eek:fftopic:

Dela,
With a google search I ran across this

In the "Save as type" box at the bottom of the Save As window, use the drop down arrow to select Word 2003.

If someone needs a copy they can open in the older version of word you can save it that way :)

I have found another home just last night after I got home, so that makes 5... now... 4 for sure... They have already taken contracts and are waiting for the birth. I have asked them to come by as often as possible to spend time with Romeo, Jewels, and the pups to find their best match....

My neighbor told me last night that they looked over the contract and agreed to all of it. They want the ears to be cropped and I recommended my vet in New Braunfels. They will be giving me a deposit for the crop and I have agreed to keep the pup until after the surgery and posting...

Again I will not post anything if I dont have too and hopefully I wont need too.... Price doesnt matter to me at all... I do hope to break even, but if I do not that is ALRIGHT! The care of Jewels was my number 1 priority and she has had the best!!! I paid well over 500 for both of my dogs and was looking at less then that for the pups...

Thanks silent for the tip, and thanks to you too MLR!!!

If anyone has any ideas on places to advertise them please make it public so others can benefit as well...

Thanks

I have 2007 version of MS word - if anyone needs it changed to 1997 mine will do it... just let me know...

The AKC website would most likely not place very many Z factored puppies or I would think. Where you advertise is not as important as who you sell to or what contract you use or if you sell limited. Although, the sites mentioned are not dog related sites, nor do they have a good reputation for selling your dogs. They are put down many times because they take credit cards and sell to the first person that shows up with full registration. If you email me privately, I will be glad to share a contract with you that will protect your puppies from breeders. Z factored puppies should not be bred. Accident happened but what you do after that matters to each of those puppies. I hope you will consider protecting them as best you can. Full registration puts them more at risk than where you advertise. But then, it depends on if you want to place them in the best homes or sell them for the best possible price.

I hope this helps. Those puppies are precious lives and need to find the best of homes where they will be fixed, worked with, and loved.

Becky

This is incorrect. I've seen z factored puppies advertised on the AKC site....even white puppies. They are AKC registrable dogs so why wouldn't they be allowed to be advertised on their website?

She never said they would not be allowed.
Please do not start another debate by misquoting.
This is incorrect. I've seen z factored puppies advertised on the AKC site....even white puppies. They are AKC registrable dogs so why wouldn't they be allowed to be advertised on their website?

Thanks silent for clarifying what I said and meant.

To me, it's not so much where to advertise, as to checking out the homes and visiting the homes or having someone that can check it out for you. This is more important than where you advertise.

I sincerely believe you will be able to place each puppy in a forever home. All dobie lovers are pulling for that.

Becky

deladobies, to sorta quote you......."but, you all know me.....I think way way ahead."

So.............this litter WAS planned then? Since you think way way ahead. Right? In that case since you do think way way ahead, you should have a list of approved potential puppy owners? So why are you just now thinking you should advertise?

This post may seem a little to blunt, abrupt or whatever to some of you. It IS meant to be. PLEASE spay and neuter your pets, RIGHT FREAKIN NOW!!!

DLS, I think what Dela meant is that she's thinking way ahead for the best interest of the litter after the accident happened.

JanS~

I've been meaning to tell you that I love your catch phrase with Boris's pictures. He is such a beauty.

I guess I dont understand why a ad in the newspaper is a bad thing????? it doesnt =you have to sell to any of them....I have seen many ads for dogs that say aproved homes only-spay neuter contract and other good protections. so why is a ad in the local paper naughty? just wondering......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back