Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

question about my doberman

Discussion in 'Senior Dobermans' started by roostu, Aug 21, 2013.

1. roostu

roostu Novitiate

hello community, I have a male dobie 11 yr. old, he is acting very nervous and jumpy the last couple of evenings. I have felt around his body to see if he showed signs of pain or tenderness and I don't get a response from him, but I'm worried. there is definitely something wrong. he is usually very calm. any ideas? thanks "Roost"

• Like Like x 1
  2. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh boy I wish I had some ideas. If it helps any Justice has been very jumpy lately because of the full moon ( So they say ). I wish I had some more insight on how to make you feel better in this worrisome time.

• Like Like x 3
  3. MicheleM

MicheleM Active Member

You know your dog better than anyone. If he's acting strangely watch him for a day or two. Every dog has a personality and when they change as a owner you pick up very quickly.

Is he eating, drinking and has normal bowel movements? He's a senior citizen in this breed and I can feel your love

• Like Like x 3
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Does he act like he's in pain? Usually there will be a change in eating habits or bowels. Keep an eye on him and maybe a Vet check is in order. Keep us posted and Welcome to DCF! :ntmy:

• Like Like x 2
  5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hi and welcome! Sorry your boy is having problems and I agree with what's been said above. Dogs have a hard time letting you know if there's a problem so it's best to get him to a vet if something has suddenly changed. Let us know how it's going.

• Like Like x 1
  6. StarlightDobe

StarlightDobe Hot Topics Subscriber

hugs to this senior boy! I hope everything is alright, hoping for an update

• Like Like x 2