Question about cropped ears on my puppy?

aerialview927

My puppy is 14 weeks old. She had her ears cropped at 7. When it came time to me to start posting them after I got her from the breeder, we found she is allergic to latex so had to wait for an infection to heal. Now I use paper tape. They have been standing good after I untape to let dry however i took them off this morning and noticed she has like a fold almost like the cartilage is broken? I’m a new dobie owner and this process is new so I just need some advice and reassurance! Does this look normal? I have been struggling to take tape off so I hope me trying to do that hasn’t messed up that ear.. although It has always seem to be on the weaker side. It’s still very soft but the other is strong and doesn’t go down when she’s jumping or playing. Picture one is last week and the second is how it looked this morning. What am I doing wrong!

Attachments

• 45249EC8-DEBB-41BD-8291-E7D564D1FAE6.png
    45249EC8-DEBB-41BD-8291-E7D564D1FAE6.png
    490.6 KB · Views: 42
  • E0355CF0-48D7-4243-AABD-F4322D4D110B.jpeg
    E0355CF0-48D7-4243-AABD-F4322D4D110B.jpeg
    372.9 KB · Views: 47
What a sweet face!
It could be something as simple as the ear is bothering her. From the picture, it doesn't look like a fold, just leaning outward. At 14 wks, I wouldn't worry too much. I've seen when they get untaped and freak out because I would wonder "what the heck happened".... a good cleaning and left for 10 min to dry real good and boom, both are standing. I have seen it go the other way and I struggled with one ear for months, but got it to stand after teething and some hormonal times (6-8 mo).

Just keep posting.

14weeks=3months-
Ears should continue to form until after teething around 6months.

No worries, keep doing....

I think her ears look good in your picts.

Back