1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Purina ONE SmartBlend Sensitive Systems??

Discussion in 'Doberman Nutritional Care' started by MaxTN, Dec 31, 2019.

1. MaxTN

MaxTN Jr Member

We have been giving Max (2 years old) 4health Original Salmon & Potato Formula Adult Dog food. He has been chewing at himself and licking his butt all the time. My previous Doberman had food allergies and I think Max may be the same.

With all the drama over grain free; I’m concerned on what I choose.

I’m wondering what those that have used Purina ONE SmartBlend Sensitive Systems think of it?
    Purina ONE® SmartBlend® Sensitive Systems Salmon Dog Food | Purina

Thanks

2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Fed Purina Pro Plan Salmon and Rice sensitive stomach formula at one time.

His system seemed to be okay with it except for his poops were 2-3x day and they were pretty big. This told me that it has a lot of filler in it that his body is not absorbing. So I switched to a different food.

It was a good food other than that.

3. crypticintent

crypticintent Hot Topics Subscriber

We are on Purina Pro Plan Savor right now.

Ezri does well with it with one exception.
    She digs out all the freeze dried chicken and leaves the base kibble until she gets really hungry.

We will be switching just for that reason alone.

4. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I used it for a bag or two but it didn't help Oji. Every dog's different though!

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I personally think any of the Purina ONE foods have way too many junk fillers in them, which is probably why the volume of stool went up.