Puppy's Ears Touch on top of her head

jkbaggett

Novitiate
My puppy is 3 months old and had her ears cropped. When we took down the posting her ears touch in the middle of her head. Will this stop or does she need to have the ears wrapped again. Thanks so much for your help and suggestions

Hey there!

Do you mean the tips touch?

Have you been using a bridge? If so, you may want to forego use of the bridge and see how that affects the ears' carriage.

At only 3 month old, you will need to continue posting AT LEAST until she is 6 mo old and all of her adult teeth are in. Some take longer then that.

Sounds like possible pockets or a bridge that is too short/tight.
Can you post pictures of her posted & un-posted?

At only 3 month old, you will need to continue posting AT LEAST until she is 6 mo old and all of her adult teeth are in. Some take longer then that.

Sounds like possible pockets or a bridge that is too short/tight.
Can you post pictures of her posted & un-posted?
What do you mean by "pocket"? How do you correct pockets?

What do you mean by "pocket"? How do you correct pockets?
A pocket will cause the ear to collapse in towards the top of the head.

Where ear attaches to the top skull, (where I circled) you can see how the ears have collapsed. (4 1/2 mo)
Pup from my last litter, owner wanted ears cropped near her due to some vets not wanting to touch
ears cropped by a different vet. I set her up with an amazing cropper in NJ, but she found a cheaper vet in PA.
Owner wouldn't listen to suggestions, so this is how ears turned out.
pockets.jpg

This is a littermate to the above pup, that I had cropped (5 mo old here). Owner did a great job!
No pockets.jpg

Back