• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Puppy vomiting

psc

Novitiate
Hi everyone, I have a 4 month old Doberman puppy who for the past few nights has had yellow bile like vomit in the middle of the night. It seems to be getting worse, last night multiple times. he normally eats 3x/day (last at 6P). Today he started vomiting his meals. He has had normal poops. Activity normal until today. seems more tired but thought maybe due to being up all night vomiting. urine ok, Tummy not bloated. Eats the grass and occasionally a chlorox wipe or laundry sheet if I can't catch him. Any ideas. Thought may be just stomach acid (previous posts) and was going to alter diet and try to give him something closer to bed time but throwing up food today is new.

Eats the grass and occasionally a chlorox wipe or laundry sheet if I can't catch him.
😮 Eating grass is what they do when they are trying to induce vomiting. The items he's swallowing are poisonous - not just the bleach-based wipes, but fabric softener sheets are as well. If it were my dog at such a young age, I'd head straight to an emergency vet. Especially now that he is throwing up.

I have flashbacks with these post.

My male had abdominal obstruction surgery twice from swallowing socks.

Please update us when you can.

Hope all goes well. Coco is 5 months. The only time she threw up it was yellow bile and wood pieces. we are outdoors a lot, had to keep a closer eye on what she was picking up. She seems to have outgrown the stick eating.

Thank you everyone. He passed a formed poop made up of the wipe and pieces of a nylabone (rubbery hard chew toy). I must caution everyone about these nylabones they are dangerous. Pups can chew and break off pieces of hard rubber that just collect together in their gut. Saw vet. no further obstruction, labs good. He is eating rice and boiled chicken and on Flagyl to help his gut heal. No more vomiting. Very active and sassy and trying to have normal poops.
thanks again!

Wow, thanks for the update, glad to hear he is ok now. Dobermans like to get their mouths on everything, so take this as a fortunate warning to puppy proof your house so nothing like this gets into his mouth again.

Back