Puppy training

Sirenamarieg

B41AAD1B-9BAE-48C4-AA80-04F88DBB881C.jpeg CA8EC924-E4C9-4E99-9ABE-D70B93A94CEF.jpeg Hi everyone!!
What do you use for training a new puppy? We have tried different treats to train our 10 week puppy but he don’t seem to care to much about them. Any other ideas? Thank you!!

Viemarangelrock

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Cute little guy! :love:

For training I would introduce high value rewards like boiled chicken, ham, Turkey, hot dogs, cubed cheese. I find that raw, freeze dried treats work very well, too.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
What a cutie!

At 10 weeks keep the training sessions short and fun and give him lots of praise when he catches on something you're trying to teach him.

Sirenamarieg

What a cutie!

At 10 weeks keep the training sessions short and fun and give him lots of praise when he catches on something you're trying to teach him.
Thank you! We were told to keep it around 5-10 minutes does that sound about right?

Skatchkeb

Notable member
I hand feed their kibble outta pocket throughout the day so they can get enough, but always with clicker training and luring.

Ravenbird

$ Forum Donor $
Agree with the comments. Short lessons, use kibble from his daily ration! He's good looking, I'm betting a handful of mischief too!