Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Puppy Shots, is this a fair price ?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by C908, Jul 17, 2020.

1. C908

C908 Notable member

It's been a while since I have done puppy shots, wondering what normal pricing is ? We are going to be using a new vet so I'm wondering if his pricing is in line. I ask because this vet has a reputation for being good but expensive. I will be taking our new pup in for her 10 to 12 wk shots along with a look over as required by our breeder. I was told it would be $94.00, the office charge is $47.00 so the rest would be for shots.

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

It's been 9 years since we've had a puppy but that sounds pretty reasonable considering pups usually need a few more things when they're young.

3. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I went with my gut, I love and trust the Vet we chose, so I really am not sure on where the price should fall! Top dollar is not always the best and bottom dollar is not always the worst. Pretty much find a Vet you like and trust that you can also afford, then it's a win, win situation!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Call Dr. Becker’s at Independence Animal Clinic and ask what they charge for puppy shots. They are probably about the cheapest around and that will give you a ballpark of how expensive your vet is if they are expensive or not.

5. Gpcoguy

Gpcoguy Jr Member

When I took Rose in for her 8 week shots it was $61. Booster shots at 12 weeks.$29.50. 16 week shots $69

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. C908

C908 Notable member

Thanks for the info, that almost sounds as if they are just charging for the shots without including an office visit charge.