Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Puppy age: weeks or months?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Ravenbird, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Silly question, when you translate weeks to months, it doesn't mesh with the calendar months. My pup was born on Sunday Sept 1, so every Sunday I was saying how many weeks old she is. This Sunday the 19th, she will be 20 weeks, which at 4 weeks per month means she would be 5 months on the 19th. Or should I say she's 5 months on Feb 1st? Should I start now calling her months-old instead of weeks-old? :pullhair:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

Every 1st of the month, he is 1 month older, regardless of how many days/weeks are in the month.

Edit: I consider 16 wks the cut-off, due to most vet's shot schedule, then it goes to months.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

That's about how I do it too and after that I go to the date they were born for each month.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

OK. I'd just got into the weeks old thing for vaccines and kept going, chalking up another week and realized my months-old thing was getting way screwed up!

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. luckybeemer

luckybeemer Member

I'm so glad someone finally asked about this. I wondered the same thing for awhile. I kept up with it as weeks until she was 6 months but when someone asked I always told them in months. I can't believe my girl will be 8 months on the 25th

• Like Like x 1
  6. MelonJ

MelonJ Notable member

I’m the anal weirdo that kept track of both until 6 months. :anonymous :

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

I was going to call it quits at 6 months, but couldn't decide if that would be Feb 16 or Mar 1st. :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Hellion’s Bentley

Hellion’s Bentley Hot Topics Subscriber

Bentley is 15 wks today but he will be 4 months on February 5th.;)

• Like Like x 1