Prairie doggin it

Antman408

$ Forum Donor $
Rex typically goes potty twice a day. Morning after feeding and evening after feeding. It’s usually like clock work.

However in the last few days he’s started to do something odd and somewhat frustrating. After evening feeding I’ll take him out to go potty and he’ll sniff around for up to 20 minutes and he will “prairie dog” where I can see the poop in him. However out of nowhere he’ll stop sniffing then want to go back inside.

He will typically hold his poop in until the morning after feeding but sometimes will go late in the evening towards his last potty break before bed.

I don’t get it.

A normal turd. Not dry not wet.

Gave him trifexis last Thursday. He had a reaction to it and that’s when this started.
I’m laughing at the normal turd description not his reaction. Sorry about that.

What kind of reaction? Maybe it was painful and now he doesn’t want to go poo. Kinda like kids when they’re constipated.

I’m laughing at the normal turd description not his reaction. Sorry about that.

What kind of reaction? Maybe it was painful and now he doesn’t want to go poo. Kinda like kids when they’re constipated.

He has no problem going in the morning though. He will poop, walk back to the front door with me. I’ll wipe his turd cutter and he’ll jump back in bed with mom for a few hours. Whole process takes 5 minutes.

When I gave him trifexis he got sick, diarrhea, vomiting and lethargic for 4 or 5 days.

Oh my... I’m going to have to google what this trifexis stuff is. I’m glad he’s feeling better.

Yeah, that is odd if he’s fine in the am.

I’ll be interested to see what others think.

I give HeartGuard+ for heartworm. And around here once it reaches the 100’s there’s not many fleas so I use Frontline during the fall and spring only. (Once we get a frost in the winter I stop same with once we hit a 100). But I do use HeartGuard yr round. Probably don’t need to but I’m not risking it.

I give HeartGuard+ for heartworm. And around here once it reaches the 100’s there’s not many fleas so I use Frontline during the fall and spring only. (Once we get a frost in the winter I stop same with once we hit a 100). But I do use HeartGuard yr round. Probably don’t need to but I’m not risking it.

I’ll probably try heart guard next month and see how he does.

Oh my... I’m going to have to google what this trifexis stuff is. I’m glad he’s feeling better.
Now that that's been sorted out...

I had googled prarie dog thinking Rex was imitating some pooping behavior. This came up. A very cranky looking critter. The urban dictionary definition was funnier lol.

image.jpeg

My girl does the EXACT same thing. NEVER have I experienced this before. In actual fact I was going to start a new thread on the issue but didn’t really know how to explain it. I’m so glad you’ve done my job for me. Lol

I just KNOW she needs to poop, she’s on a lead in the garden as it’s not fully enclosed, currently. She paces up and down, up and down, her butt hole “puffing” constantly, you know, the signs they are about to go and then nothing...she looks to go back in. She’ll hold it all night, it’s crazy.

It’s like the turtles head is poking out but she sucks it back in :rolleyes: and will hold it for a reallllly long time. It’s really peculiar. What’s all that about?

Because Tara’s been in Rescue for the majority of her life and she’s been kennelled I wasn’t sure if it was an adjustment thing, like it’s OK to poop in the garden. No longer in the kennel. Idk!!

I've seen the "puffing" thing too but always before he actually poops. Do you think that maybe they're trying to poop because it was commanded but nothing needed to come out?

The turtle :lmao:

Sounds like you are actually "seeing" the poop on the other end? How can that be? And it is poo? Not just their insides showing? Ugh. Poop patrol goes deep! Another new level.

I've seen the "puffing" thing too but always before he actually poops. Do you think that maybe they're trying to poop because it was commanded but nothing needed to come out?

The turtle :lmao:

Sounds like you are actually "seeing" the poop on the other end? How can that be? And it is poo? Not just their insides showing? Ugh. Poop patrol goes deep! Another new level.

Rex will puff and I can see the poop. Walks around for about 30 seconds of puffing then nothing. Then another 20 mins of sniffing if I let him then wants to go back in.

However after morning meal he goes out and drops a duce then goes back inside. No issue, happened this morning.

Back