Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Posting Day!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Kawhi2222, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Hello,

I’m posting Kawhi’s ears today, I think I am going to use tampons as posts. Has anyone tried this method? Today is day 14 after the cropping and he seems to be healed very well. I’m taking him to the vet to remove stitches and check his ears out.

2. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

The tampon method is what I prefer.

3. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

Its what I used on my first dobe 40 years ago

4. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Do you have a dobie today?

5. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Good luck with posting and don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them. I used the backer rod method since Albert's ears were too long for the tampons and I like the backer rods anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Hey guys it’s Kawhi here! Does my Hat look funny!?!?

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL so cute! You can get by with a lot less tape but they post job looks good otherwise.

8. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Its very loose and breathable tape, we plan to use less as he gets use to it, but he’s definitely mad at us lol.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Should the lobes be curled in or out when taping the ears?

10. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

Do you mean the natural fold? You let the fold go in the direction that it naturally goes and remember to put that tape on gently then squeeze it to stick. Too tight you’ll damage the ears. He is a handsome boy! Good luck! My girl, Izzy, is 3 1/2 months and I’ve posted about 7 times now. About every 3rd day.

11. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Thank You! Your girl is beautiful also. This breed makes one completely obsessed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

To much tape. I would just tape the base and st the tips. Maybe use a bridge for a week or two then stop. Dog needs to learn to hold the ears up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

I don’t have a Doberman right now but I have had two in the past. My last dog was a Lab mix rescue. Had to put him down after 10 wonderful years. We are finally after a year without him ready for another dog. I will be picking up my Dobie mid-Sept. If you check out my thread titled Breeder update you will see the little devils running around.

• Like Like x 1
  14. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

99566-db6345105ec24f45a2849dc81ef05078.jpg I can almost hear him saying "does this taping make my butt look fat"

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

LOL! I’m going to go a little lighter on my next posting.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

Not sure if you meant the natural fold at the bottom of the ear. I drew some lines to show which direction to go for the fold. You always start the tape on the post then back up over the front of head and around. And only used the bridge for a couple weeks as he didn’t need it after that.
    My boy when he 10 weeks.
    Not a baby anymore.

2578CA13-CAD3-474A-8247-4587F84327CC.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

Mid September!!! That’s not very far off! I know you’re excited!

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

:banghead: seems like a lifetime. Oh just to set the record straight. while The puppy will be housed in my house this will be all of the members on this sites puppy. You guys and girls are not getting away easy no way you will be taking on the puppy ride with me:shock:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Thank you I have it right then, I used tampons for posts he’s definitely not fan of them. Hopefully he gets use to them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kawhi2222

Kawhi2222 New Member

Let’s see a picture of this baby. I remember waiting for Kawhi, we just couldn’t wait.