• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

PLEASE READ! Great app for Rescues in your area!

TaylorB

Hot Topics Subscriber
Hey guys, I just ran across an app for those of us that walk our dogs in public places/such. It's called "Wooftrax". Wooftrax is an app that lets YOU CHOOSE an animal shelter to walk for and sponsor in your area.

What you do is: put in your email address, register the names of your dogs, and the breed; then pick an animal shelter or charity of YOUR choosing and turn your app on whenever you begin your walk with your dog. The app uses the GPS in your phone to track how long and how far you have walked with your pup. Based on that, a donation in your name goes to the shelter you chose.

It's a great way to give to our shelters and it's convenient; all without having to put your credit card information out there. The program is called "The Walk for a Dog". At the end of the month, ALL of the people who walk for that charity's donations get sent to them to help feed, house and give veterinary assistance to the animals who are unlucky enough to not live with a family.

Cain, Charlie and I walk for the Southwest Ohio Doberman Rescue. You also get free coupons for being a charitable donor.image.jpg

Sounds interesting. I'm not sure I want just any old place tracking my GPS location though. What if I stop by the beer store? :D

Sounds interesting. I'm not sure I want just any old place tracking my GPS location though. What if I stop by the beer store? :D
Hahahahaha beer store eh? I would have said worse, but ur right I would not like being traced as to where I go by anyone..check ur cars people..lots of crazies out there..:wacky:

You don't have to have your GPS on all the time, just turn it off when you finish your walk! :)

Back