• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Please pray for a speedy recovery for Kobi

Viemarangelrock

Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
As you may of seen in the shout box we had a medical emergency on our hands with our precious boy, Kobi.

The phone call from the vets has just happened and I'm pleased to say he made it through surgery. Thank the lord! We are not out of the woods yet. The next 24 hrs are critical.

When he was opened up they found a 'foreign object' looks like a part of a foam ball of some sort, they said it was unbelievably mashed/icky. It was found blocking the intestine. It actually killed part of the intestine so they've cut away the dead part and attached the healthy parts together. His stomach was full of liquid backed up over time I guess. My head is a complete mess so I hope I'm relating this all correctly to you.

The vet will phone me in the next few hours and we'll get an update then. If he continues to recover well he'll spend the next 3 days or so at the practice.

Now, we don't have any foam balls so the little monkey must of picked it up somewhere and digested it. He will be the bloody death of me.

So please, keep those prayers continuing.
It's been the most horrendous 24hrs and we so very nearly lost that boy :( It was very touch and go prior to surgery. I've never seen a dog look the way he did, I swear to god. But he's a fighter and I just pray that he has a good recovery.

I'll be in touch soon with an update. Thank you so much for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers. It means the world to me x

Will be thinking of you all day and night til we get the all clear!!! I know how torturous this is for you but Kobi is a fighter and he will get through this!!!!! You have all of our positive, healing thoughts vibing your way!!!!

You will Kick this recovery in the ass Kobi-man!

Sarah, you guys are absolutely in my prayers. You know how I love that sweet Kobi Baby, and I am just heartbroken you are going through this.
I’m so relieved he is out of surgery and I just know his recovery will go well. Thank you for updating...love you guys.

Oh man! So sorry to hear of this emergency! I agree that dogs are very tough and it's us soft humans that do all the worrying and hurting.

So glad surgery is through successfully. I will continue to think and pray for you, handsome Kobi and your family!

Kobi is going to fully recover and I am sending loads of prayers to make sure.
I know how horrific this has been for you and your family and our prayers are extended to y'all as well.

This makes me realize how incredibly easy it is for our pups to grab and swallow something without our knowledge when we are ever vigilant to keep items away from them. Stranger danger for our pups when strangers drop or leave these items around without a care or thought about how dangerous they can be for our dogs.

We are here for you!!
Love you all. Give extra special pets to Kobi from us. Xoxo

Thanks everyone for your well wishes. It's much appreciated :)

His vet just called again. Not much change BUT he did lift his head when the vet opened the crate door. Bless his heart!

It's very late evening now but the vet will call us every 2 hours through the night. He's in safe hands, they are an incredible team and I know my boy is getting the best care I could ever imagine.

My daughter is away at Uni, I can't even imagine what it is like for her to be so far away from us all knowing that Kobi is going through this. We are keeping her up to date with his progress and have made it quite clear that we are more than happy to go and collect her if need be.
And there is of course, little Bailey. He's a sensitive soul and it breaks his heart knowing that Kobi has been in pain and going through such a traumatic time. So many questions he wants answered and plenty of tears shed.

I'll update more as the night continues...

Ugh.

These two must be related, eating things they shouldn't.:rolleyes:

Thinking of you guys

I just read this in the shout box but how horribly scary and upsetting! I'm glad the surgery was successful and they found the problem so he can get on the road to recovery.

Prayers are sent to all of you and I'll watch for updates.

11pm - Vets just called but no changes in his recovery.

He's highly medicated but as long as he's as comfortable as possible post surgery that's all I ask.

We are going to aim for a 3am call next.

Thank you for the update. You must be beside yourself going through this with your dear boy... :(

Thank you for letting us know!! He's needs all the healing rest he can get, lots of mending going on in that body. He strong, healthy, and he has the love of his wonderful family and this whole forum behind him. He is going to come through this.

11pm - Vets just called but no changes in his recovery.

He's highly medicated but as long as he's as comfortable as possible post surgery that's all I ask.

We are going to aim for a 3am call next.

Try to get some rest between calls (I know...easier said than done.) I'm just glad he's comfortable and that your vet is staying in contact. We will be watching for updates, but know you must be exhausted.
Just know you are in our constant thoughts...my Mom and sister are now in "praying mode" for that baby and you guys. Thank you so much for update.

So sorry you and Kobi are going through this. Sounds like you got him there in time and now is just a matter of more time for recovery. Keeping you in our thoughts

Back