• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Please help my doberman is very ill.

devrishi29

Respected member,
My name is dev and i am from india. i own a 6 year old doberman (bruno). I need you guidance to cure my ill doberman. from the last one and half month he is very ill. His rear legs are swollen and he is having some form of infection in both the rear legs ( i will add the pics and video of him). I took him to the vet and he ask to test his blood. he was suspecting kidney problem but the report did not show any form of internal problem. he prescribed some medicine and i will add the prescription here. i gave him the medicine regularly but it did not work. the doctor advice me to foment his legs with hot water and i did but of no use. he also advice some painkillers ( carodyl-100mg i will add the pic) his swelling is not going and now he is not able to stand by himself. he limps when he walk suggesting that he has some kind of pain. I dont know what to do. i have taken him to 3 vets and nothing seems to work. I feel really helpless please give me some guidance.

Attachments

• IMG_4223.JPG
    IMG_4223.JPG
    457.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    365.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4233 2.JPG
    IMG_4233 2.JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    388.9 KB · Views: 33
  • FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 31
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 31
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hello,

So sorry to hear that your Doberman is having such problems! Personally, I do not have much knowledge of medical issues, but I wanted to send you my well wishes!

Some folks on this forum have medical knowledge and hopefully they might reply soon.

Just a thought: Could Bruno be getting bitten by insects back there? Spiders? Anything else? Perhaps a snake or other animal that could have bitten him?

I wish you and Bruno the best!

Welcome! I am so sorry Bruno is dealing with this. That leg is really swollen. Looks like Cellulitis to me...Cellulitis in Dogs @Archer

Oh man, I didn't see the video, poor baby! Is he on any antibiotics? Prayers with you to find some relief for Bruno.

I was going to tag @Archer too. @Prushanks also has some medical background and may have some ideas?

So sorry to hear you've been through so many vets with no answers. Hoping for some relief for poor Bruno! I agree with @Oh Little Oji though, my first thought was some sort of bite, or reaction to such bite.

Hello,

So sorry to hear that your Doberman is having such problems! Personally, I do not have much knowledge of medical issues, but I wanted to send you my well wishes!

Some folks on this forum have medical knowledge and hopefully they might reply soon.

Just a thought: Could Bruno be getting bitten by insects back there? Spiders? Anything else? Perhaps a snake or other animal that could have bitten him?

I wish you and Bruno the best!

Thank you for the reply. I dont think he has been bitten by any insect,spider or snake because his both legs are swollen. I researched on the net and found that he may have edema, i am not sure but if you know any one who can help, i will be very grateful.

I was going to tag @Archer too. @Prushanks also has some medical background and may have some ideas?

So sorry to hear you've been through so many vets with no answers. Hoping for some relief for poor Bruno! I agree with @Oh Little Oji though, my first thought was some sort of bite, or reaction to such bite.
Thankyou madam for the reply.i dont think he has been bitten. my vet is saying he is having kidney problem but the blood report did not show anything. I am really helpless and dont know what to do. why God is giving him such problem, he is always nice to everybody.

Thank you for the reply. I dont think he has been bitten by any insect,spider or snake because his both legs are swollen. I researched on the net and found that he may have edema, i am not sure but if you know any one who can help, i will be very grateful.
Oh, you and Bruno have been in my thoughts and prayers today. I don't personally know many people in this world, and on this forum, I noticed that the other person who replied here "tagged" three members who have some medical knowledge. Hopefully they respond soon. There is another member whom I will tag here, @Tropicalbri's who has knowledge of medicine, but unfortunately, that person has not been on the forum for a week or so and we are wondering if they are okay.

Oh, you and Bruno have been in my thoughts and prayers today. I don't personally know many people in this world, and on this forum, I noticed that the other person who replied here "tagged" three members who have some medical knowledge. Hopefully they respond soon. There is another member whom I will tag here, @Tropicalbri's who has knowledge of medicine, but unfortunately, that person has not been on the forum for a week or so and we are wondering if they are okay.

I have had contact- she is away without access at the moment, until Monday at the earliest. I can't say much else though I'm sorry.

He has edema in his hind legs. This can be secondary to many conditions. Renal failure and heart failure are the most common things to cause edema, but it can also be the result of many other conditions. The edema could be secondary to celulitis, or the cellulitis could be causing the edema. The lasix your vet prescribed is a diuretic to help pull off the fluid that is present. They would have to rule out renal issues prior to prescribing this as it can increase workload on the kidneys. Have they done any imaging? Xrays or MRI etc. Have they ruled out Wobblers?

His gait is not normal. He is nearly down in his hind end. My guess from viewing the condition of his rear and seeing the video of him moving (he's not actually walking) that he has a significant spinal issue. The pain med/anti inflammatory they gave him won't take care of that. He will need other therapies and medicines if this is what is wrong. First he needs to have an Xray or MRI to assess condition of his spine and abdominal organs. There should always be a diagnosis prior to treatment, otherwise you are treating blindly with just hope it will improve.

I know you have seen a vet 3 times, but was it the same vet, or different ones? If the same vet you need a second opinion.

Back