1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Playtime ended for Hera yesterday 8-14-13

Discussion in 'Memorials' started by Betty, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Betty

Betty Notable member

It is with a very heavy heart that I am letting you know that play time ended for Hera yesterday (8-14-13). She was surround by her human and dog family.

Hera was diagnosed when she was 2 years old with mega-esophagus and muscle and nerve degeneration. When I asked the vets at UGA how much time she had, they said, “It’s only a matter of time”. Well, they didn’t know that Hera had such a wonderful Papa that built her a feeding chair and a Nana that bought me a TV so I had something to watch while I fed her. Hera never heard them say “it’s only a matter of time” and neither did I. Hera had a wonderful 12 years. She was loyal, protective, loving, kind, sweet, beautiful and my best friend for 12 years. I/we will miss her. But, sadly, even with today’s medical miracles we just can’t fix age. Keep in mind, German Shepherds life expectancy is 9 to 13 years. So, Hera lived a nice long life, longer than anyone expected.

She will be missed by many humans and dogs. I know she’s already in heaven with Zeus and my mom! I know they were both so happy to see her and they will all take care of each other. I also know that she’s strong, healthy and is just running through all the beautiful green pastures with Zeus and playing ball with mom.

I posted "sad day" this morning with a pic I took yesterday. The picture I attached here is from a few years ago, before I had Rocco and when Hera was in much better shape.

I still think God put Rocco in my life for a reason. for those of you that don't know, I adopted Rocco on May 26th at 13 weeks. He was turned into the rescue group on my birthday and I found him on petfinders on Friday and went and met him on Saturday (which was the 1st Saturday since December that I didn't have to work on my fathers house). They turned 2 other people down. I think he was waiting on me. Anyway, I woke up this morning spooning him. He's such a love boy and this morning was the first time he ever barked at someone walking past my house. I think he knows that he needs to step up now that Hera is gone. He'll be 6 months in 3 days.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
  2. zmchristopher

zmchristopher Notable member

So sorry for your loss, but look at what you've done for her, it shows what kind of life shes had 10 long years when she was first diagnosed.... to me, she died of old age, a happy loved dog, not an illness. Hugs to you, she wouldnt want you sad x

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dobs4ever

Dobs4ever Hot Topics Subscriber

What a wonderful story of love and devotion by all. RIP Hera -

• Like Like x 2
  4. Heatherjg

Heatherjg Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry for you loss. Thinking of you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My2Dobies

My2Dobies Hot Topics Subscriber

RIP Hera. I am so sorry for your loss. :(

• Like Like x 1
  6. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm so sorry and she will live on in your heart forever. You gave her the best life a pretty girl could have asked for and 12 years is a full life.

Run free Hera... :sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

:(

• Like Like x 1
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to move this over to the memorial section for you.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Archer

Archer Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss. Hera was a beautiful girl. An angel on earth is now an angel in Heaven. Run free, sweet Hera. You will be missed.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Asteria

Asteria Formerly Luca & Co Hot Topics Subscriber

:(

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss.

• Like Like x 1
  12. watson123

watson123 Active Member

i am so sorry for your loss!

Run free Hera:sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luvmydoberman

Luvmydoberman Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry for your loss of Hera. You are in my thoughts.

• Like Like x 2
  14. dh8

dh8 Hot Topics Subscriber

So sorry for your family's loss. You did very well by her and gave her longer, happier years than she would have had with anyone else.

• Like Like x 2
  15. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

We feel your pain. :( She was a lovely dog and you gave her a wonderful, helping her live well passed what was predicted. She was loved and she knew that!

RIP Hera

• Like Like x 2
  16. BradysMom

BradysMom Hot Topics Subscriber

:sorrow: RiP Hera!! So sorry for your loss! :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. Betty

Betty Notable member

Thanks everyone!

18. Judith

Judith Hot Topics Subscriber

so sorry Betty, your heart will feel heavy , take time to grieve:sorrow:

• Like Like x 1
  19. My Mateese

My Mateese Notable member

I am late on this but please know you are in my heart, I am so so sorry.

What a wonderful love you shared..
    FOREVER IN YOUR HEART......ALWAYS

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rosco

Rosco Hot Topics Subscriber

I am so sorry for your loss, sounds like you gave her a wonderful life!!

• Like Like x 1