Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Pit Bull shot in Grand Rapids

Discussion in 'Canine News/Informative Articles' started by FredC, Apr 8, 2009.

1. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

Well said Christopher, well said.

2. hall.christopher

hall.christopher Novitiate

I think it needed to be said! Dogs being shot needlessly by police just because they are a certain breed in my view is terrible! A jack russell is a dog too if that dog was roaming the streets agressively would it be shot? i don't think so! but yet it lives and breathes just the same as a pit bull and has the same tendoncies as any pack dog.
    Here in the U.K. Labrador's bite more people than any other breed,not cos they are agressive natured because there is more of them than any other breed do i hear a ralling cry for all Labradors to be shot?NOOOOHH! So why should it be for Pit bulls? Each dog should be treated on merit,not just because someone cannott be bothered to fix there fence and he's took himself off to do a bit of investigating which is only natural fo a K9.
    The problem with the most of these people is they dont own a dog and when they come into contact with media news stories, they panic every time they see a pit bull and pick up the phone to call the police.If people were better educated on the breed rather than the negative news stories they hear day in day out ,we wouldn't have this problem of blind panic when one has got loose.I think not!

3. Grayghost

Grayghost New Member

Not fair or true. Both of my sons are in law enforcement; they both love dogs and put their lives on the line every day to protect the public. I have had many friends who were in law enforcement, most in K-9 and they were[are]a bunch of good guys. Not everyone is perfect and not every police dept./Sheriffs office screens the applicants as good as possible, but 99% are the best people you can find.

4. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

sorry grayghost, I have no sympathy for law enforcement who act like the are from the dark ages and you can't tell me that they are not out there cause they are and 99% of them would rather shoot first then ask questions. And those that are in law enforcement and are a part of the K-9 dept, are ok, some of them are not even dog owners just of their partners. If the law enforcement officers would just take the time to read dog body language most of these things could have been avoided, of course if people were more responsible it would help too