Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Pictures from this morning

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by Fidsandfrats, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

Hi guys

Just wanted to show this handsome boy off. He just had a bath and he smells so good.

So proud of him. He doesn't like baths but tolerates like a champ. We got to Pet Supplies Plus and he was HAPPY, HAPPY because he loves to go there; however, when we made our way towards the back where the sink basins are he put the brakes on all four. I simply said come and he walked in then stopped again at the sink. Again I said "UP" and he jump right on in!!!! I'm a proud momma!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 9
    • Wow x 1
  2. AnnV

AnnV Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Pretty pup! sound like a very good boy!

I have yet to aquaint my 7.5 month old to the bath experience, am thinking to take him to Pet People self service dog wash.
    I suspect the new tub and steps might spook him at first, he seems a bit skittish at present. Better try sooner than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good lad! :thumbsup2:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Ah, obedient like a good Doberman.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Notable member

I too love the feel and smell of a freshly washed dog, especially one with a silky coat! Sounds like he accepts bath time reasonably well. Good boy!

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I love that you can tell them what to do and (most of the time) they do it. Especially in public, it’s easier. In the house, I find a leash makes it’s easier for them to accept the activities that are less desirable to them. Although I can’t quite figure out why they don’t like bath time because they love to be doted upon and they love to be clean. Kaiser is pretty keen for “brush” and “wipe” because it leads to “ear rub” which can lead to “belly rub” when Kaiser wants it. I agree, we all enjoy a fresh smell - K included!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

Yea I don’t know why they don't like bath time either. Zeke looks super happy afterwards. Maybe he's happy that it's over with but I think he just feels real good. I know I feel real good after a needed shower. I wish you could have seen how he put on the breaks before going into the sink area but then when commanded he just right in the tub with no hesitation.

8. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Agree with @Kaiser2016, I really respect the way you can tell them to do something and you can see in their expressions that they really don’t want to do it. They give you that look but they do it anyway.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

They have so much personality and how it comes across in their eyes is just amazing to see. From the puppy stage where we assumed he was a blank face, he really wasn’t. It’s so surprising to see the level of intelligence. What a truly amazing Doberboy :hearteyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I'm glad he did so well and he looks pretty proud of himself there.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Good job! He is so handsome!

12. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

thank you!

13. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Awesome job with him. My two have become so accustomed to baths and rinse offs after beach or pool time or the mud flats (their favorite). All I have to do is go to the water hose and say “stand” and they oblige. I don’t have to use a leash or any restraint. One lays down to wait while I finish with the first one. Their favorite part is the toweling off then they grab the towel and play tug of war, then roll on it and get the rips running around all happy.

14. Fidsandfrats

Fidsandfrats Member

That’s awesome!!