Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Picts--took down tape/posts

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Ddski5, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

I am excited that I am getting better with the entire process.

Tearing down and reposting- broke my world record today from 22 mins down to 15 mins!!!

Washed with warm water and reposted after about 30 mins. I am sooo tempted to let it go and hope that posting is done but did not. I don't want to mess up all the hard work and frustration already put in.

Here are picts. He is now 16 weeks old (~4months). So only about 2-1/2 months of posting left.....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  2. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Congrats! I tell ya', ear posting can sound complicated and scary but once you actually do it you realize it is a simple thing.

Great job! Those ears are so impressive looking! Sharp!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

Joe is 16 too and I know how you feel ..hang in there we both have just a few more weeks to go.. Your pups ears look great!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They look great! Handsome guy too!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Those ears are looking good

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

Thanks y'all. Much appreciated.

Be glad when it's done. Took him to PetsMart the other day and he jumped into the truck and poked me in the eye with the backerrod posting.

Here I am grasping my eye because it feels like he just sledge hammered me, and he is running around the parking lot checking out dogs.

Jeez. That hurt for hours.

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They're looking great and he's such a handsome boy!
    Good plan since you can lose a couple weeks of progress if they droop or flop and you'd wind up doing it longer than you anticipated.
    I hit funny just because of the situation but it's not funny it hurt so bad. Ouch...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

WOW they are looking great!!!!!!!! Awesome job!

Everybody has gone through that thought of just letting them go and have done it! Don't Do It!!!
    Doing that there is always a chance of going backwards!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Notable member

Be careful of their dinosaur heads! The other caution is to never have your jaw above their heads, like say if you're bending over petting them while they lay down. If they get up fast or look up they'll hit your face and possibly break your teeth! I very fortunately learned that just by reading it here.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Oh Little Oji

Yes. Beware the head bonk. My previous Dobe was nicknamed "The Cobra."

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

WOW.... gorgeous pup and AMAZING crop! Great job on the ears!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

The ears look great! Definitely don’t give up now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Prushanks

Prushanks Hot Topics Subscriber

Those ears are absolutely perfect!!!! Great job!! Keep it up!!! :thumbsup::yatta:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Don't set a date you just be setting yourself up for disappointment. Finished teething doesn't guarantee finished posting. ;)

:nono: don't you dare. :tap: I hate to see a good crop go to waste. :D Posting gets easier and easier I promise.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

No no.... not stopping with his ears. Even though I am winning the battles--must win the war!

In reference to teething, anybody have an idea when teething starts and ends? I read and found it ends around 6 months.

Of course every Doberman is different with time lines but when do you truly know??

16. Oh Little Oji

Starts when a baby tooth gets loose or goes missing. Ends when their last adult tooth is most or all the way in.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Notable member

Typically, 6-7 months. Hang in there. Sometimes it comes as a surprise!

18. AresMyDobie

AresMyDobie Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Mine weren't done till about 7 months old and late 7 months. Teething isn't done till the adult teeth have fully grown in.
    Keep posting. I had to post till 7 months for my female and 14 months for my male.

19. Rocky2017

Rocky2017 Jr Member

How you know when is no necessary to do it again? How to know it done?The posting i mean? Thank you!

20. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

When you think they look done after the teething time frame, most of us go another couple weeks, then start testing them. For testing you can start by leaving the posts out for a few hours and if they still look good, you can go for a few more hours every time. The biggest test is when they're allowed to sleep on them overnight since that's when those goofy positions they sleep in will put the ears into all kinds of unnatural positions and make them flop is they're not ready yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1