Photos of you with your dogs - post them here!

A friend just sent me these pictures of when I took Ragnar down the Bogue Chitto River. To this day I am amazed that he willingly jumped up on that two man kayak and we paddled for a good 2.5hrs. We had amazing weather and a great time. He may be a stubborn asshat sometimes but I believe he will practically do anything I ask him to do.

View attachment 133775

View attachment 133779

View attachment 133778

View attachment 133776

View attachment 133777
Now that was an adventure. Beautiful scenery and a Doberman enjoying it with you! What more could you ask for?
(I tried Jazz in a Kayak and she was absolutely NOT getting in that wobbly thing. Reckoned she'd rather swim!)

@DracoDobie I wish I had discovered Dobies when I was young and had the youth and energy to really make the most of their potential!

A friend just sent me these pictures of when I took Ragnar down the Bogue Chitto River. To this day I am amazed that he willingly jumped up on that two man kayak and we paddled for a good 2.5hrs. We had amazing weather and a great time. He may be a stubborn asshat sometimes but I believe he will practically do anything I ask him to do.

View attachment 133775

View attachment 133779

View attachment 133778

View attachment 133776

View attachment 133777
How about alligators.😃

How about alligators.😃

Yeah….they are there. Been around them all my life here and the only time I’ve ever been in worry was when I was walking Rag next to the waters edge and saw one mainlining towards us. You just have to be wary and not let your guard down but hell, with Ragnar, that’s always.

We hear, very often actually, of folks walking “little tippie” along the waters edge and an alligator comes out and grabs the dog. Not long ago, one at a golf park (in Florida?) got the dog and owner.

You know, @jazzies mum is in Australia with the aggressive crocodiles- wonder if she has any stories?

Not long ago, one at a golf park (in Florida?) got the dog and owner.
Holy.....that's chilling! I feel like we are 'middle of the road' here in IL . We really don't have much that is big, ferocious and/or poisonous. At least we're we are. And I like that.

Yeah….they are there. Been around them all my life here and the only time I’ve ever been in worry was when I was walking Rag next to the waters edge and saw one mainlining towards us. You just have to be wary and not let your guard down but hell, with Ragnar, that’s always.

We hear, very often actually, of folks walking “little tippie” along the waters edge and an alligator comes out and grabs the dog. Not long ago, one at a golf park (in Florida?) got the dog and owner.

You know, @jazzies mum is in Australia with the aggressive crocodiles- wonder if she has any stories?
I have been camping where there is a possibility of Crocs but so far have had no real encounters with the salt water ones. The freshwater crocs will take a dog if it is presented to them and I've seen a few. As a rule of thumb I am very, very careful when in the tropical north!

As a rule of thumb I am very, very careful when in the tropical north!
I always have to do a double take on that since everything is opposite there than it is here. We're at the northern end of the US but we're hardly tropical. LOL

I always have to do a double take on that since everything is opposite there than it is here. We're at the northern end of the US but we're hardly tropical. LOL
I've become used to being the polar opposite to most on this site regarding weather! When we are heading into our winter you are enjoying your spring and early summer bounty!

Gilly's first time on our SAR boat! 1/3 of our cases are drownings (Michigan- so not surprising. He was a bit nervous but good overall!

Attachments

• image000000(1).jpg
    image000000(1).jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 1

Back