1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Party Animals Pet Food Two Varieties Test Positive For Pentobarbital

Discussion in 'Doberman Health and News Articles' started by strykerdobe, Apr 18, 2017.

1. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Two Varieties of Party Animal Pet Food tests positive for Pentobarbital

Two Varieties of Party Animal Pet Food tests positive for Pentobarbital

A pet owner in Texas has provided TruthaboutPetFood.com with the lab results from testing two varieties of Party Animal Pet Food. Both varieties tested positive for pentobarbital.

The pet is a foster dog – being cared for by a very alert and caring foster Mom. Thankfully, the little dog survived.

The pet food tested was:

Party Animal CocoLicious – Beef/Turkey – LOT #0136E15204 04 – Pentobarbital Positive.

Party Animal CocoLicious – Chicken/Beef – LOT #0134E15 237 13 – Pentobarbital Positive.

The manufacturer of the pet food was notified on April 13th – Evanger’s Pet Food (is the manufacturer, co-packer) and Party Animal Pet Food. The FDA was notified today (by me – provided FDA with the lab results and the contact information for the pet owner).

Photo copy of the lab results with pet owner information redacted:

[​IMG]

Until this pet food is recalled, please alert any pet owners you know that provides their pet Party Animal pet food.

My sincere thank you to this pet owner – for her prompt response to this little foster dog’s illness AND for taking the time and effort to have this pet food tested. You very well have just saved many lives. And thank you for allowing me to share the lab results with other pet food consumers. We all hope she has a full recovery and finds her forever home soon.

Wishing you and your pet(s) the best,

Susan Thixton
    Pet Food Safety Advocate
    Author Buyer Beware, Co-Author Dinner PAWsible
    TruthaboutPetFood.com
    Association for Truth in Pet Food

What’s in Your Pet’s Food?
    Is your dog or cat eating risk ingredients? Chinese imports? Petsumer Report tells the ‘rest of the story’ on over 4,000 cat foods, dog foods, and pet treats. 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee. Click Here to preview Petsumer Report. www.PetsumerReport.com

[​IMG]

The 2017 List
    Susan’s List of trusted pet foods. Click Here

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. My2Girls

My2Girls Notable member

Thank you so much for keeping us all informed about these situations before they're even recalled and recalls in general. As I said before I always get your information way before I get my email alerts.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DD4MSpock

DD4MSpock Hot Topics Subscriber

Do they know the motive for this? As I'm sure most here know, Pentobarbital is one of the main chemicals used to "Euthanize" animals, and it has been used as the "single drug" used in Executions in some states like Texas. It's also one of two drugs that can be prescribed in "Right to Die" states like Oregon and Washington for "termination of life." I'm wondering if this might be some form of sabotage or protest against its use in these cases.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

My best guess is that they're using euthanized animals as a food source, which also means the ingredient list is wrong since I've yet to see them euthanize a cow for slaughter.

I went to buy a few cans of wet food last weekend and they choices they have are down to EVO and Fromm (out of what I'll buy), so that's what I got.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. strykerdobe

Alert from Dog Food Advisor!!
    I'm sending you this special recall alert. If you no longer wish to receive these emails, please click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of this message.

Party Animal, Inc. of West Hollywood, CA, has announced it is voluntarily recalling specific lots of its canned dog foods because they tested positive for the euthanasia drug, pentobarbital.

To learn which products are affected, please visit the following link:
    Party Animal Dog Food Recall of April 2017

Please be sure to share the news of this alert with other pet owners.

Mike Sagman, Editor
    The Dog Food Advisor

P.S. Not already on our dog food recall notification list yet? Sign up to get critical dog food recall alerts sent to you by email. There's no cost for this service.

6. strykerdobe

This is some crazy SH*t!

No problem. Received this yesterday but didn't check my email until this morning!

Sign up with the Susan Thixton She is awesome and goes to all the AFFCO and FDA meetings about pet food.
    Truth about Pet Food
    Association for Truth in Pet Food

Also Dog Food Advisor has a sign up for food recalls.

7. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

O.M.G. Crazy shit, indeed!! I just read about this in my emails and RAN here to be sure it was reported! (thank you!) THIS is incredible and just makes me crazy!! Pentobarbital!!! WTF!!! :pullhair::guns:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. strykerdobe

Some dirty CRAP BS going on!!!!!!!!!!

Party Animal sues Evanger’s
    upload_2017-6-15_19-6-57.gif
    Party Animal Pet Food has filed a lawsuit against co-packer Evanger’s Pet Food claiming they (Party Animal) suffered damages over $20 million. This lawsuit leaks another significant piece of information about Evanger’s; moving assets in an effort to “avoid liability”.

Party Animal Sues Evanger’s

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I got Susan's list of trusted pet foods back in March.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

This is just greedy and negligent!! Crooked people don't care, it's all about the money.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. strykerdobe

Susan is awesome!!!!!!!!

12. strykerdobe

I always say if you follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ you will find the truth!

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. strykerdobe

And I thought Party Animals was a great food. Its Organic! But they got screwed. They should have had third party testing.

14. strykerdobe

15. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

:wtf: I swear to God! What the hell are they doing with our dog food!! It drives me insane!:furious::machinegun:

• Agree Agree x 2