Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Park Day/Photo Bomb

Discussion in 'Doberman Pictures and Videos' started by PrincessDuchess865, May 16, 2018.

1. PrincessDuchess865

PrincessDuchess865 New Member

Well we took @Sir.duke865 and Duchess to the Ijams Nature Center center today to get out of the house!! Everything went great, we walked trails we walked the river boardwalk they climbed stairs and got out in a variety of settings today!!! The only thing was Duke pooped out a sock today :weary: so we’re about to get to cleaning the house now.
    Enjoy!!!

9C854F84-C474-47A9-BD1D-AC6A1D9D6FD4.jpeg 4C600972-B59C-48A1-B2F1-6B987E3DE234.jpeg C04D7DAD-22BA-4C34-85D0-3C71D97B5A94.jpeg 2DABCF4A-DA45-4A75-9683-FB38D0DD5351.jpeg 74BB1833-0029-4607-94F5-B03DA65A2110.jpeg EBA9E08D-2AB8-4BD5-9186-C36918C7B009.jpeg A30CACCE-4746-4B49-B8AE-EDABB0503873.png DED0AFE9-4070-4275-9576-2C4930E1E309.jpeg
    1934FB61-7CF1-47E8-933D-E00780AD1702.jpeg 79623B93-ACE4-4DB1-8B6A-5BD233841C6C.jpeg

• Like Like x 12
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  2. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Where she's got Duke's leash in her mouth and he is allowing it...just too precious. Wow, I have seen Dobes allowing their family's kids to lead them, but a new puppy?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Probably just the camera angle, but it looks like Duchess grew an inch during the hike! :woot2:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. DN2017

DN2017 Member

She probably did

Theyre adorable!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Great pics! Looked like you guys had a terrific day :)

Going back to the sock. I can’t stress enough how important it is to keep socks out of reach from Duke and of course little Duchess. The last thing you want is a blockage. Unfortunately, I lost my boy to an intestinal blockage at the age of 2 years. Granted it wasn’t a sock, it was part of a high bounce ball BUT it’s all the same really. Eating non-food items can result in surgery. Unfortunately my boy never survived the recovery and passed away 4 days after surgery. I never want you to experience the pain of losing your dog due to a blockage.

Treat socks as if they were bottles of chemicals around a toddler. This doesn’t mean you’ll have to keep your dresser locked up, it just means that you’ll have to make a commitment in keeping those socks always out of reach. Basically, leave no room for error.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 9
    • Empathetic Empathetic x 1
  6. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Great pictures!!!

They both look so happy.

Duke is continuing the role of mentor?

Not being snippy to her??

• Like Like x 2
  7. PrincessDuchess865

@Kaiser2016 she likes to bite on everything. We had let both of them go for a few minutes and as he was walking the leash caught her attention so we went and grabbed it. He didn’t mind. I thought it was precious as well :hearteyes:.
    I thought those pictures made her look a little bigger too. Haha, I guess she is growing up on me :cry:

@DN2017 thank you, I am very proud of her/them. They both did so well yesterday!!! She only had to take a couple breaks! (Plus the picture breaks) lol

@Viemarangelrock oh no, I’m so sorry to hear about your loss, I couldn’t imagine. But yes we learned that lesson the hard way yesterday. But we did. Thorough cleaning and check in the house that all items of that sort are now put out of reach of them. So I’m 99.9% sure we won’t go through this again. One lesson learned. I’m not happy it was either one of them but it probably would’ve hurt Duchess more, but Duke was a trooper. But otherwise it was a great day.

@Ddski5 yes he is, he has his moments where he shows his dominance, of course, but for the most part yes. He is very protective over her, he plays with her well, she has already learned so much from him!! It’s sooooo cute to watch. I never knew dog mom life could be this fun!! Haha! :smile:

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  8. DN2017

DN2017 Member

You should be proud, they look so great together! But I have to ask, you said she only had to take a few breaks. How long did you let her walk on end? Youngsters shouldnt walk more than their age in weeks, in minutes, on end. So 8 weeks is 8 minutes and then a good break. I'm sure you have her best interest at hearth but most people just dont know the rule! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. PrincessDuchess865

@DN2017 thank you so much. And I actually did not know that, so yeah she may have been a little overworked yesterday walking. On the contrary though, we did stop a lot to take pictures and look at scenery and let Duke jump the fence and etc. so she got some breaks, yes. But yes from now on I will remember the rule and abide by it so she doesn’t get exhausted too fast.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  10. DN2017

DN2017 Member

Thats really honest of you! Its not necessarily the exhaustion thats the problem, its the body structure. They have a lot of growing to do and their skeleton isnt built for such trials when theyre young. They might develop problems later on. But others on this forum know way more about that stuff. Anyone wanna jump in?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

It's the growth plates. Until they are at least 18 months, you want to go easy on their exercise, specifically forced exercise which is anything on leash. When playing off leash, the dog will stop themselves to rest. We upped the exercise a bit after K turned 18 months, but we're still going to wait to 24 months just to be sure all the plates are properly formed/closed.

• Like Like x 4
  12. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Great pictures!! Glad they're getting along so well!!

@PrincessDuchess865 scary about that sock! We are ALWAYS aware of where socks, undies, and toys are in our house and we've still gone through 6 vet and 2-3 home puke sessions to recover things. She is literally NEVER unsupervised but she's gosh darn fast.

If you haven't already, look into a pet insurance that will cover surgeries for foreign material. Those buggers are EXPENSIVE ($2000-$3000 easy) and once they have one surgery, their ability to pass future objects is reduced. My last boy wasn't even a swallower-of-things-he-shouldn't-swallow and had $5000 worth of FM surgeries in a year and a half. Dog toys are actually the biggest culprit of material blockages, I would say.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Yes to insurance!

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I second the issue and worry about swallowing things.

I do everything I can....but he is sooo damn fast and the kids can be straight up idiots and forgetful at times.

I have Ragnar patterned now. At about 8:00pm he will zoom through the house looking for mischief, this is when I catch him opening doors to the girls rooms. Yes, he is able to turn the lever to open doors. Not a traditional round knob but kinda like a stick lever.

So I have implemented two things here.
    1. 8:00pm snack time- he loves Oranges.
    2. I order his dog food off Amazon and it is mailed in a big cardboard box that is perfectly the size/width of our room doorway. Each daughter has a box in their doorway now that prevents him easy access.

AND the girls get picts of D-Chat text that warn of the dangers of swallowing things such as the one posted by LifeofRubie today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Wow x 1
  15. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Precious pictures!! Has Duchess had all her puppy shots? I was wondering about her being out and about like that? I admit, I haven't had a young puppy since my first Doberman so I could be wrong on timing and all! lol In any event, they are a great looking pair of Dobermans!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Brioddy

Brioddy Active Member

I love the photos, especially that second one is frame worthy. You will in the future look back on that one and reminisce. I took my puppies -everywhere- with me! Especially Brinks, he was so little I could stuff him in my purse when I had to go in somewhere

• Like Like x 3
  17. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

And today it's so easy...back in the day we used to have 12 pics / film roll...so if you where out for the day you had to be very picky about a shot and then you had to develop them...3days!!! now we take hundred and edit on site, LOL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Brioddy

Brioddy Active Member

Lol GG I still have a 35mm camera somewhere, I like taking film photos.. they have a different feel to them. Plus the lens interchanges with my digital which is a big plus!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GOD'S GRACE

GOD'S GRACE Notable member

Brioddy.....I totally agree, and at least now we can drop off and pic up in 60 minutes...

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Opening the doors :spit:

I find K gets more mischievous when he's over tired. 8 pm trouble starts here too and that's when we either leave him to nap or put him to bed which is easier in winter when it's darker earlier.

I also send screen shots to my hb. He listens better to other people :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1