Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Over protective puppy

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Kobe123, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Kobe123

Kobe123 New Member

So our pup is 7 months old and overall sweet dog .

Mercedes socialized him since we received him at 8 weeks.

we never seen aggression in him until lately .

it may have been my fault I took him to a dog park . He was mellow until 2 full grown Shepard’s cake to say hello .. they were invading his space and he was scared for a few minutes then he went crazy to scare off the Shepard’s and give him space ..

it wasn’t anything to crazy .

The next day we took him out thru the city and any moment a dog barks or shows any slight macho attitude towards our dobie r puppy goes bonkers trying to show dominance hair up raised and very mean bark ..

Also during the walk thru the city my wife was waiting for me while I was getting a item In a store and and while at the register I heard the vicious dobie pup going bonkers again and my wife said a dog walked behind him and sniffed his butt

I really don’t want to have to be so concerned of my dog out in public

any people similar issues ?

2. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

You need to correct that. That is unacceptable behavior and most likely nerve based. You have to be the leader so your dog feels safe. True aggression would have been your dog immediately attacking a dog that enters his space. Nervousness will make the hackles stand up. Correct it in a calm manner, as if to show there is nothing to worry about, you got this. Ask for attention or some form of obedience, then praise or play.

• Agree Agree x 4