1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Opinion On These Breeders, Good or Bad?

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by Kay Shaw, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Kay Shaw

Kay Shaw Hot Topics Subscriber

I have made of list of different breeders that I’m interested in and I would to know other people’s opinions and experiences with these breeders. Would you recommend them or not?

Giddy Blossom Dobermann Kennel
    Izrafel Dobermann Kennel
    Del Nasi Doberman Kennel
    Altobello Doberman Kennel
    Diamond Stamm Doberman Kennel
    Schwarze Kraft Dobermanns
    Brutal Dragons Dobermans Kennel
    Sant Kreal Kennel
    Jahrestal Kennel
    Lipar Land Doberman Kennel
    Doberman Kennel “Livonija”

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rits

Rits Admin Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

3. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

"Brutal Dragons." Gotta' love that name.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kay Shaw

Another breeder on my list is Regis Cane Dobermann Kennel

5. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Interesting list, how did you come about these specific euro breeders? Are you many looking for euro show lines? Have you looked at Ascomannis More on the Working euro lines?

6. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I have dealt with Lipar Land and couldn't be happier with my girl. She just turned 3 yesterday and as been a great addition to our home. She's probably the smartest dog I have ever seen. Definitely a looker, probably not the conformation that would go anywhere in the AKC show ring but still is put together really well and would do great in UDC or UKC because of her her strong euro look.
    As far as the breeder, Vera, she was great to work with. There were some language barrier problems but we worked through them pretty easily. The shipping was a concern for me but it couldn't have gone any better. I picked my girl up at the airport and she came out of the crate just as happy as she could be. She is a very confident girl, always has been and that's probably my favorite thing about her. Nothing seems to bother her.
    I think the most important thing to do when searching for a pup is to research the pedigree. Look for longevity and COD. Ask lots of questions of the breeder and of course ask for proof. Lots of blanks on the pedigree and a breeder that doesn't seem to want to answer your questions or show proof, walk away.

My guess is not the "look" she's going for.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  7. Kay Shaw

I looked at Ascomannis but for some reason I was just never really interested in getting a dog from them. And no I’m not mainly looking for show lines. I know it may seem like that based on the breeders I chose and their website. But I have spoken to some of them and their dogs are actually working dogs even if they don’t look it. And at this point I’m not really looking for new breeders to add to the list. I’m trying to narrow this list down first before I add anymore which is why I’m just asking for people’s experience with these breeders and if they would recommend them.

8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Since you’re looking to narrow the list, I can say that I have heard consistently good things about Sant Kreal. I love the look and they do work their dogs.

9. Kay Shaw

I have decided to take Altobello Doberman Kennel off the list. I’ve done quite a bit of research and have heard a lot about DCM in their dogs. I know DCM can develop in Dobies from anywhere and even if the parents are tested that doesn’t mean that the puppy won’t end up with it. Since DCM is so common in this breed and it can happen to dogs that have health tested parents I think it’s best to get a puppy from someone who doesn’t have this problem consistently in their lines. Over the past few days I have also been in contact with Altobello Doberman Kennel and it seemed like whenever I asked a question they would answer but not answer it at the same time(if that makes sense) I would ask multiple questions and not all of them would be answered. If I asked my question my again they dodged it. I have also heard a lot of people say that Altobello will sell a pup to anyone as long as you have the money which is why a lot of their dogs are breeding stock for backyard breeders(this is what I’ve heard). Since I am already taking a risk because I am importing and not getting a puppy from someone I can go visit in person, I want the breeder I choose to have great references and reviews. (Sorry for the long post).

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mystic

Mystic Notable member

You are absolutely right in staying away from them.

11. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

You are correct on Dobes developing DCM. Longevity is 1st.
    But also Early Testing (Holter and Echo) starting at 2yrs old is a must!