Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Opinion on bridges on posts ?

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Ramos.cindy, Apr 18, 2019.

1. Ramos.cindy

Ramos.cindy Jr Member

I have been posting for 3 weeks already due to some previous issues king came across so we had do delay posting, I stopped making a bridge in the middle of his posts idk if i should start doing it again or if the posts look fine w/o it ?

Attached Files:

2. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

I think you are good without the bridge from now on.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I agree with @Lizbeli the Bridge is no longer needed.
    Perhaps a little less tape. Two pieces, one at top and one at base should be sufficient when you backwrap the tape on the posts.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Ramos.cindy

Ramos.cindy Jr Member

the problem w/ using less tape is that he tends to shake them out w less tape

5. Tropicalbri's

Are you backwrapping the tape? You might want to consider using torbots skin adhesive on the post and ear. If you do be sure to get the unisolv to use when removing tape. My two would shake their posts out playing with each other so I had to use the Torbots.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Ramos.cindy

Ramos.cindy Jr Member

i do use it but he still manages to shake it out

7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

If he's still shaking them out with the Torbot's they must need to be deeper in the canal.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Lizbeli

Lizbeli Hot Topics Subscriber

I also recommend Torbots Glue if backtaping alone isn't enough. Works super good but can't emphasize enough that you need something like Unisolve to take them out. GL!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree with the others, no bridge, less tape and set post deeper in ear. Might need to go with a smaller diameter post or cut and taper post do you can get it deeper. You cannot hurt the ear the way the dogs ear canal is so post must go all the way down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Tropicalbri's

This is what the dog’s ear canal looks like so don’t worry about going too deep. 3876DA80-E898-485D-9477-3A2CE1DA3834.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I agree the post need to go deeper in the ear. Just stretch the ear up while twisting the post into the ear.
    Making sure the post are seated deep in the ear can even withstand dobermania. :D My 2 wrestled every chance they got and never had a post pop out. I did have a problem with the backer rod breaking until I bought some new stuff. I think the first package must have been on the shelves awhile.
    20170112_102905.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. Tropicalbri's

What a sweet picture.

13. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

They really do love each other even though it looks like Rue is going for the jugular. :D

• Funny Funny x 2