One year old

Foxrider714

Notable member
Well Bruce turned 1 today and he is looking great.. he will get a nice dinner lol.. just wanted to see if you would think he is under weight cause he is only 78 pounds and has not went up in some time now?? I was told that the weight does slow down but will still go up till about 1 1/2 maybe 2.. I feed him Parina pro plan sport.. thanks for any feed back

Attachments

• 0AFEE921-8147-451D-B94C-DCAECD30106E.png
    0AFEE921-8147-451D-B94C-DCAECD30106E.png
    772.1 KB · Views: 42
Happy Birthday! He looks fine from that angle, and 78 lbs sounds average for a male Doberman of his age. He still has some filling out to do :)

Happy Birthday handsome boy! He looks great to me and as stated, he'll still fill out for quite some time.

Happy first birthday! Can’t say visually if he is thin from a photo of him sitting. But from what I do see he appears healthy. I recall my euro boy being about 82lbs at a year old. He is now 1yr 7mth and about 85lbs lean. I do believe they thicken out a bit more, all the way up to 3yrs.

Ragnar the same way at 1year.
You will see a small increase at 1.5year and then at 2years.

Mine all in all started slowing down some to.

Happy 1st Birthday Bruce! I think he looks like a happy, healthy one year old. Not underweight IMO and I think it's easier to judge by how they look rather than the scales. He looks good! :thumbsup2:

He looks perfect at that weight. Nice and slim! Happy birthday!

Happy 1st birthday, Bruce! :party:

He looks in great shape. His weight looks ideal.

Dobes will fill out and mature up to the age of about 3 years, some even later. The timeline will depend heavily on the lines of your pup.
Don't be tempted to over-feed. He needs to develop naturally. Personally, I like to see a dobe on the lean side. Keeping a healthy weight is important for the dogs health.

Back