• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Omnia Paratus Doberman Kennels (TX)

HAUSOFBANE

I am getting very close to placing a deposit for a puppy with this wonderful couple. I feel in my heart its right from all the steps I've already taken, but I'm just curious if there is anyone on here that's worked with Laural Harris? Did you get a puppy from them and what is your current situation? How is your baby? How was your experience? I've read good things so far from the little bit I've been able to find online. She seems to be very communicative and willing to facetime with me as she is remote right now in another state. Still, I do not know this person, and it seems like this industry is one thing that doesn't have much monitoring going on other than word of mouth and we live in a world of perfectly well done scams. Would appreciate hearing any of your stories/feedback on these people if y'all have worked with them, thank you!

I've never heard of them but it looks like they do some health testing and have titles on them. I'd personally want some heart testing if I was a potential buyer. They have some but not all.

I've never heard of them. Looks like their attempting to do things right. I would ask for copies of results for all health testing they are claiming they do AND whether they do any Cardio testing. Their dogs look decent and it appears like they crop the entire litter.

Make sure you have plenty of time & patients for an active Euro pup.

All I can say is as with any breeder make sure they have done all the health testing on the Sire and Dam.

Lots of people get the Embark DNA Test done. Which checks for 210 + Genetic Health Risks and other things.
www.embarkvet.com

UC Davis also has a DNA Health Panel

OFA is for the Orthopedic Foundation of America which certifies the Tests

Up to date Full Blood Panel and Chemistries
Thyroid OFA
Heart Echo & 24hr Holter OFA (These both should be done close together not more than 3mo apart).
Hips and Elbows X-Rays OFA
DNA for DCM1 (PDK4) and DCM2 Genes
vWD (Von Willebrand) OFA

Like @Panama mentioned they should supply you with the tests and OFA Certificates.

Also get the Sire and Dam Pedigree's. have someone look at them that knows Dobermans.

How exciting!!!

Did they have you complete an application or mention a contract along with all the above mentioned?

I found this thread while doing some extra research- I also sent her a deposit almost a week ago! Everything I looked into checks out but I get a little antsy making any major purchase online so it’s nice to see a recent thread from someone in the same boat. Congratulations on your future pup! Maybe our dogs will be siblings lol

Thank you! I just sent my deposit to her 🙏🏻 Very excited about this.
I also sent her a deposit almost a week ago!
OK, if you two get littermates you need to stay on Doberman Chat so we can watch them grow up! @JanS and @Rits have now-2yr old siblings, raised in different households hundreds of miles apart & it's always fascinating to hear & watch how they grow up.

Best to you both & congrats on a new puppy on the way!

I just joined and don’t know how to message people on this lol but could the starter of this thread message me? @HAUSOFBANE
I haven’t gotten the puppy receipt she said she would send last week, and it’s hard to get in touch with her. I’m not suggesting anything- people are busy I’m sure- but I’d like to know if you’ve experienced this. Thank you!

OK, if you two get littermates you need to stay on Doberman Chat so we can watch them grow up! @JanS and @Rits have now-2yr old siblings, raised in different households hundreds of miles apart & it's always fascinating to hear & watch how they grow up.

Best to you both & congrats on a new puppy on the way!
Oh I will most definitely be posting updates of him : )

I just joined and don’t know how to message people on this lol but could the starter of this thread message me? @HAUSOFBANE
I haven’t gotten the puppy receipt she said she would send last week, and it’s hard to get in touch with her. I’m not suggesting anything- people are busy I’m sure- but I’d like to know if you’ve experienced this. Thank you!
Hi Annie! Wow, it's really actually quite nice to know someone else who is currently working with Laural! Did she reserve a baby from the current litter or are you working with her for the next breeding cycle? If it's the current, our babies will totally be siblings!
I'm not sure what your situation is with her or what deal you've made, but i'm sure there is nothing to worry about. I too had my worry in the beginning, not because of anything they've done, but because we live in a society of scams and fraud. I did a TON of research, especially into them. They are not only legit people from what I have gathered, but i've spent a good amount of time facetiming Laural, meeting the puppies, getting to know her and her husband. Not to mention, you can see there are several people in this thread who vouch for her. I guess what i'm saying is at some point we just gotta put out good faith that everything will work out : ) Its in gods (and Laurals lol) hands now.
I should mention, I sent my cashiers check via UPS and her husband received it this past Friday. She told me she's been traveling on the road and that her husbands been home to watch over things. They are going to deposit it this week and at that point send me my receipt once its cleared. I myself am not stressed about this. I feel good. We can keep in touch with eachothers progress and maybe give peace of mind to one another through the whole thing lol
Congratulations on the new puppy!

Hey! Yes he’s from the current litter! So definitely siblings- so exciting! And it is such a relief to hear that, I am the same way lol I was so afraid of getting scammed that I think I freaked myself out a bit. In my own work with birds I have met both scammers, and people who have been scammed and its always on my radar. But I have heard very good things about her, from past and current owners and have been texting her for a bit. I paid via PayPal and everything seemed to check out. She even helped me avoid a paypal fee haha. I would love to keep in touch- how cool that we have sibling pups 😀🎉

Hey! Yes he’s from the current litter! So definitely siblings- so exciting! And it is such a relief to hear that, I am the same way lol I was so afraid of getting scammed that I think I freaked myself out a bit. In my own work with birds I have met both scammers, and people who have been scammed and its always on my radar. But I have heard very good things about her, from past and current owners and have been texting her for a bit. I paid via PayPal and everything seemed to check out. She even helped me avoid a paypal fee haha. I would love to keep in touch- how cool that we have sibling pups 😀🎉
I'm very excited you found me! This helps a lot. Yes, please keep me posted with your progress and i'll do the same : )

@Annie77 @HAUSOFBANE how exciting!! Its so fun to share the excitement of a new puppy with another littermate owner! Can't wait to follow both of your updates, even the excitement leading up to puppy day!

Back