Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Oh that Izzy!!

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Izzy’s Mom, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

Oh my!!!! Just posted her ears yesterday!! Not my favorite thing to do! Well guess who fell in the pool this morning?!!!!!!:wacky:

On our morning walk I stopped to deadhead the geraniums by the pool steps and she got close to the edge one time and I pushed her back. She has walked over to it several times and looked in it. I’ve been waiting for the fall! Although I thought since she’d walked to the edge and looked in several times she might not! But oh yes she did!!!!!:woot2:

LOL! She swam! To the wall not the steps! I, at least, had presence of mind to get cell phone out of my pocket before I went in to get her! Although I almost forgot!!! :confused-alt: I held her collar and guided her to the steps! She climbed out and shook off like no big deal! Just so she doesn’t take a liking to it until the ear posting is done!! :facepalm:

Oh Izzy, Izzy, Izzy! Mommy loves you so! :love:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

I laughed hard...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

Did she show interest in going back in!? swimming is such good, low impact exercise

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • I was wondering about that too! I was wondering about that too! x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

That’s great! Sounds like she will be safe enough so you can grab a picture too. I think exposing them to as many new things while they are young is the best way to prevent any fears later.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

:censored: Just kidding, except for the oh :poop: now I have to redo her posts it was funny! She was a good little swimmer! Just didn’t know where the steps were! Oh and I forgot to mention, my shoes are drying in the sun! I didn’t even realize I went in with them on! :p Had my priorities! Oh to top it off hadn’t opened a garage door yet so there goes a sopping wet me carrying a sopping wet dog through the kitchen and den to get to the towels in the garage! Good thing I keep some old work clothes in the garage! Got us both dried off and headed for the table to get those posts off!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

Well she didn’t show any fear! :) After I got everything under control and we went back outside, my husband had the Polaris running, she stood right there by the edge again watching it! :p She truly seems to be a fearless little girl!! :woot2:And once I get done posting her ears I’m hoping to get her in the pool but until then I really hope she stays away! :wideyed:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

So far she’s only been afraid of the blower and the vacuum cleaner other than that she shows no fear of anything! We’ve taken her for a few rides on our ATV and she just stuck her nose in the air and acted like she’d always ridden one! We’ve had a few really loud storms and she’s not paid that the slightest bit of attention which I’m so thankful for! Our sweet Khaleesi was terrified even when it started raining. :( Hubby has mentioned firing a gun around her but I need to research how we should approach that. Should I be holding her or just have her on a leash? Any suggestions on that would be appreciated. Not that we fire off guns a lot but we live way out in the country and you do here them occasionally.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

I definitely would not hold her as that can make them think there is a reason to be afraid. Usually, they take our cues. If we act calm and cool when it happens, they will do the same. Gun protocol might be different so maybe others should comment further on whether a leash should be involved.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

LOL the trials they can put us through while they're being posted. :D

• Like Like x 1
  10. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Active Member

I was going to say... I'm not a gun dog expert but I wouldn't hold her. I'd have her on leash and be either playing with or engaging her somehow; toys, treats, basic obedience stuff you've been working on, etc. Fire away and YOU ignore it. I'm sure she'll glance around but when her focus comes back to you, play/engage/treat/reward. Repeat. Similar processes for when you go to busy and loud places; when they look to you, reward. That's essentially 'socialization.' Not meeting and greeting every thing that walks by.

That's how I'd do it, anyway!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Being in the country side, I wonder if they would want the dog to go investigate? I would not want that, but I’m also in the city.

12. Izzy’s Mom

Izzy’s Mom Jr Member

Oh my no! No investigating gun shot sounds!!

• Like Like x 1