• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Nutra pro all life stages

luckybeemer

Notable member
Sorry. Not sure what I did wrong trying to include the pictures. Just took posts down to change and noticed this same type of red, swollen reaction on both tips and the base/bell. Smh. The rash is the first picture is on both lateral shoulders chest and hips. They are not red just white raised bumps. I'm going go completely grey before she is normal. Lol

Attachments

• 20191003_171904.jpg
    20191003_171904.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 20191004_153229.jpg
    20191004_153229.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 21
What food do you feed? Victor Nutra Pro?

Have you brought her to the vet for the skin conditions?

Yes Victor Nutra Pro ALS
Yes, I pointed it out to the vet, she brushed it off by saying this breed has harmless, dry, itchy, flakey skin.
He poop was normal after not using Happy Howie's for a couple of days. But just now during her routine 4am poop she had another stool that started formed and ended as liquid. This is after just a handful of Happy Howie's during training and ear posting.:banghead::banghead:
I am thinking the rash is related to the Victor and the stool is treat related(too much protein). I have read too much po protein can cause loose stool and burmed grass in yard where urination lands. I didn't realize what caused that; thought it was normal until reading today. :(

I am just transitioning to Victor Select ALS the beef formula is only 24% protein. (Victor Select - the one with grains they have chicken, beef, fish and lamb varieties) I too was looking for a lower protein kibble so that when I feed protein treats/toppers it doesn’t create mushy poo.

I’d quit the happy howies. Use kibble for training treats. I’d also find a new vet. That’s a unacceptable answer to me and would immediately end my relationship with that vet.

Also, I’d switch the food up. I feed raw, but sometimes I’ll feed kibble for a few weeks when I don’t have the ability to make his meals or pick up his food. I’ll link the kibble, there was no transition time for me and his stools are firm.

https://www.chewy.com/natures-logic-canine-lamb-meal-feast/dp/39411

Any of their proteins is solid and their a 5 star rated food.

I agree with antman on the vet, like did not want to take the time. Allergies can cause skin issues and this breed can have dry skin but geeze not to a large degree and fish oil supplements do help. They usually have very shiny coats and that comes from the oil in skin. Hope it helps.

Thank all of you guys. I am constantly reading on the forum, researching foods, trying to train her and worrying over failing with her food, training, ears, etc. Yes I'm my worst critic. Anywho, yes I have stopped the happy Howie's, I tried using the kibble initially when training, but she turned her nose up to that and preferred the higher value treats. So I just continued to use those only for training. But I do realize now that was not a good decision.
I have continued to feed a sunny side up egg with the victor each morning. This was something my husband started while I was at work this past Monday. She had occasionally gotten raw egg with the shell. And last Sunday was the first time I gave her sardines. She has had 100%pure pumpkin, activa yogurt, plain greek yogurt, chicken broth. I'm trying to be consistent but I am sure I've had too many variables in this equation.
Is it okay to give can salmon, can tuna, can sardines? I saw a recipe for treats using these I think on DCF I wanted to try.
Again, thank you all for each and every comment, suggestion, and advice. All are greatly appreciated.

This is the initial raw meal prep I did back in July. I even endured the comments from my husband, "you don't even prepare meals for us, but you have now spent $100 & a Sunday afternoon meal prepping for your dog." Lol20190804_150225.jpg 20190804_161107.jpg

you don't even prepare meals for us,

My response to that ^^^ statement would have been; “You have two hands and two feet and they work just as well as mine.”

I would not give can tuna because of salt content and the Mercury buildup in larger fish.
Sardines are part of my pups weekly ingredients but be sure to get the cans that are in water with no salt. They make so many with different oils, tomato, soy and other additives to sardines, so be sure to read the labels carefully.

Yes new vet in in the works. I used this vet because he was recommended by my original choice breeder. But also, because I live in a very small town and sadly don't trust any vets within close range to my home from past bad experiences as well as the fact that in searching for a vet to crop the closest ones were both at least 2 hours away.

Oh no worries I'm not bothered by any of my husband's comments, well most of the time. Unfortunately a few years ago our lives changed drastically. He does most if not all the cooking for us now.
Ok thank you, I will steer clear of the tuna. The sardines I have is in water. But after looking more closely it does have salt. :banghead:

Oh no worries I'm not bothered by any of my husband's comments, well most of the time. Unfortunately a few years ago our lives changed drastically. He does most if not all the cooking for us now.
Ok thank you, I will steer clear of the tuna. The sardines I have is in water. But after looking more closely it does have salt. :banghead:
You can give the sardines, just make sure to drain the liquid and rinse sardines before giving. Don’t give the entire can in one serving though. There are usually
3-4 sardines per can. I split a can between my twins.

Yay. I did good well half way good. Lol I gave only 1 sardine with her evening meal around 5, which was before reading this post. I will be sure to rinse the other 2 when I feed them to her.

We buy frozen sprats in a 1kg bag as it seems more cost effective. Tara enjoys them as a snack/treat. They’re great as a food topper, too as they’re a complete food. Because the sprats are frozen individually you can take out as many as you need.

5E3EEE61-47AB-45D9-A79B-FA16301FA57B.jpeg

Oh cool. I live in such a small town I doubt I will be able to find those.....but the hunt is on. Lol
Walmart expanded years ago put Food Lion and Bilo out of business. Our only options are WM or IGA.

Back