• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Now It's My Turn To Worry :( (In memory of Chloe)

MLR

Novitiate
I just got back form the vets with Chloe, my female. She woke up on Saturday with a lump the size of an orange on her left hip and she was limping. She had exrays today and the only thing I know for sure is it's not hip dysplasia(?) on that side. Turns out she has the beginnings of it on the right side and will need surgery for that in the future. The vet did a needle aspersion and all he got was blood out of the lump. He said while I was there that it was a hemotoma and it should go down in a week to ten days on it's own. After I left they ran the blood sample under a microscope and there are round cells in it that shouldn't be there. He thinks it might be cancer. She's only three years old. So I've got her scheduled for surgery to remove the lump on the 23rd of December. They'll send that out to be biopsied and then we'll know for sure. I asked him what if it went down on it's own in the meanwhile. He said then he'd want to draw some more fluid out of it if it should start going down while we're waiting for the surgery. I also asked him about the possibility of it being a bug bite; like maybe a spider or a bee. He didn't think so and said that there would be a different look to the blood sample if it was that. So, I need some prayers for Chloe that this isn't cancer. Thanks for letting me vent; it's been a trying day.

Now It's My Turn To Worry :(

i'm so sorry to hear that MAry Lou, i hope everything will work out and i pray it isn't cancer. sending all the good vibes your way

:bighug::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Oh Mary Lou I am soooo praying that this lump isn't cancer. That 20 lb weight loss kinda concerned me....but anything but cancer!! She is just too young!! Know that you and Chloe will be in my prayers each and every night as long as they are needed!!!

Oh My Mary Lou, I hope and send TONS of love and positive healing vibes to Chloe, I know that everything willb e fine and if you need me I am a phone call away. HUGS

I am praying for you that it isn't cancer.. all i can say is it does not sound like it would be cancer.. usually it has more substance and does sound like a hemotoma .. like it swelled full of blood from an injury.. i did not know about the 20 pound weight loss.. was this prior or just lately..... i hope everything works out for you.. it has too.... hugs..

good thoughts........good thoughts.........good thoughts..........good thoughts........

:nono: Nope :noway: she is gonna have that big rotten ole C :Sad_868::0036: Nope she is gonna be ok....:goodvibes::hug::crossfingers:

Oh darn Mary Lou.... Sending out our best vibes for poor Chloe and you to have everything work out for the best and that she'll be back to her usual self in no time. :)
:grouphug:

NO WAY. NO HOW. You gotta be strong and you gotta be positive. I am feeling it for you and I truly hope she is ok. We are all here for you, every step of the way.
So sorry to hear this.

Thank you all so much. I'm still pretty floored about all this. I went through breast cancer myself in 2001 and none of this makes any sense to me. I mean that lump just was there when she woke up Saturday morning and not before; and she was limping when she woke up and got out of her crate and not the night before either. As for the weight loss; I'd changed their food recently to half of something new and half of their old food so I don't know what's causing this for sure. The other thought is that the vets scales might have been off. I'm taking Herc in tomorrow and weighing him to see if he reads lower than he should. They both weighed 101 pounds a month ago. And today Chloe had on all her outer wear to boot. So she should have weighed a little more I would have thought. We'll see about that tomorrow. It's just good to know there are caring people on here to come to when I need to talk. Thanks again so much.

I still hope it's the scales or the food change, cuz she sure didn't look thinner/smaller than Logan when they were side by side!!! Her and Herc are BIG....I'm telling u girl she is gonna be ok......I said so.....so there too......

Thank you all so much. I'm still pretty floored about all this. I went through breast cancer myself in 2001 and none of this makes any sense to me. I mean that lump just was there when she woke up Saturday morning and not before; and she was limping when she woke up and got out of her crate and not the night before either. As for the weight loss; I'd changed their food recently to half of something new and half of their old food so I don't know what's causing this for sure. The other thought is that the vets scales might have been off. I'm taking Herc in tomorrow and weighing him to see if he reads lower than he should. They both weighed 101 pounds a month ago. And today Chloe had on all her outer wear to boot. So she should have weighed a little more I would have thought. We'll see about that tomorrow. It's just good to know there are caring people on here to come to when I need to talk. Thanks again so much.

did you notice just by looking at her that she looked like she lost weight.. otherwise i would think maybe thats it.. they can also read the scales wrong...i hope you are all over that health issue..forever..

I am so sorry for you and Chloe. I don't know much about cancer in dogs but it does seem very bizarre (not cancer like) that a lump would just suddenly appear. Maybe another vet's opinion would be useful.
Sending prayers and good vibes your way.

Thanks guys. This vets office has about 7 of them practicing there; along with students, too. The one I saw today is a very good surgeon and he knows his stuff. Their scale is out in their entrance area and you put your own dog on it so I'm just going to have to take Herc with me tomorrow and see what it says he weighs.

You and Chloe are in our thoughts and prayers that everything will be fine!! :grouphug: It sounds like you have a good group of doctors there! I had gone to an Oncologist with my Dobe with the Leukemia and felt very good with their care too. It's good to be confident with your vet!

And I would think you would notice a 20 lb weight loss on her...it has to be wrong!

And I would think you would notice a 20 lb weight loss on her...it has to be wrong!
I think MB is right Mary Lou, I am sure you would have noticed a 20 lb weight loss, she must have been weighed wrong. If her and Herc weigh the same you certainly would have known just by comparison!! Just know we are all praying for you and Chloe anyway!!

mary Lou, we love you and CHloe is gonna be fine I just know it, tons of hugs please let us know what the vet says

Back