1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

New with question

Discussion in 'Doberman Breeders' started by mc2.see, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

That is the most important thing right there :agreed:

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. MischasMomma

MischasMomma Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Agreed with @Doberman Gang and @GennyB ... I desperately want a blue my next time around, but its not a deal breaker... Especially knowing how hard it will be to find one from a reputable breeder. Once my kids are grown and moved out, we will likely start going to rescue route, we just prefer to do puppies with kids so we know the full background of the dog and can raise them with kids as early as possible. Im ok with knowing I may not get my blue for quite a few years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Liberty & Justice

Liberty & Justice Formerly Sophia's Justice Hot Topics Subscriber

I quite frankly think it'll be a challenge to find a reputable breeder that doesn't really adhere to the program if you know what I mean. Quite frankly I'm a bit baffled as to why you are set on a color vs the health of a dog. You must think in the long term as there are far too many bad breeders out there that charge as much, or nearly for a quality bred dog. Then to think of just the vet expenses alone at what it costs with X amount of years to keep the poorly bred dog somewhat healthy and pain free. I can almost assure you that spending 3000 or even 2000 on a pup would be far cheaper in the long game, not too mention just the peace of mind alone that comes with having a healthy, well bred dog.

Quite frankly if it's color your set on search out another rescue and don't let the BYB get your money to continue what some are against.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Liberty & Justice

Whoooooh......Way to many " Quite Frankly's " sorry my bad. Should of read it before I hit the post button.

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Is a lesson I learned.
    I wanted a black/rust male when I went looking for my first Dobe.

I came home with a red female that pretty much picked me.
    I hate to sound so corny.
    The Rolling Stones...
    You can't always get what what you want, but sometimes, you get what you need.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Liberty & Justice

Hey maybe insensitive but did you get another pup ?

7. Gelcoater

Gelcoater Expert ThreadCrapper $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber

Not at all.
    That was the search that resulted in Daisy.

I am however, on a list with a breeder here in so cal;)
    Euro lines, working lines, water lover. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  8. Liberty & Justice

Good for you Gel, I'm excited for you. For the record I cried about daisy for days, cannot imagine what you went thru. I just am not good with loss, so I avoid talking about it.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  9. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I couldn't agree more. Every dog I have owned was the dog I needed, even if I didn't even realize it at the time.
    Greta is a perfect example. Looking superficially, who needs a dog like Greta? Very poorly bred, sickly and of course expensive things to treat, absolutely no training and HUGE! We've all seen a giant out if control dog and what a PITA that can be. Who needs all that? The answer? Me. You all know her story, who she became and the difference she made in so many lives.
    I still remember watching her as a pup standing in the yard staring at me, begging to take her home. Looking back, I wish I would have done it sooner.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1