• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

New Rescue Forums

F

FredC

The Doberman-Chat Rescue Forums took somekind of hit a cpl weeks ago and has disappeared from the database. We are currently in the proccess of rebuilding these forums, but id like to add that if anybody out there is aware of any software that will help us build manage and maintain our rescue directorys please list your thoughts or links here so that i may look over the different solutions

Regards,
The Doberman-Chat Team.

Last night while i was scouring the net. i found a perfect program for this. I downloaded it and installed it then realized it was all in turkish. No english translations. Bummer

I'm not sure on a directory but what about giving participating rescues there own forum?

The reef forum I'm on gives each club a forum for club related stuff - the only issue I can see with it is each rescue would need someone to monitor the forum for questions and stuff

We have found some great software and is exactally what i was looking for, its not rescue specific, but it can be easily customized to be just what we need. Unfortunatly it costs a little bit of change. anyways heres the run down if anybody is intrested.

Doberman Chat Rescue Portal

Cross Post form pitbull-chat/Amended by VonDoom

Im sure by now most of you have seen the new Donation Bar at the top of the forum home and index pages, Asking for Donations to purchase software that will give us the ability to create an easily updatable Doberman Rescue Database.

Overview: In appreciation of all the hard work and dedication rescue groups and volunteers commit to the Doberman breed, Doberman Chat will be launching a database for rescue groups to enter their adoptable dogs.

Through this database, rescue groups can create, manage and customize their own categories in order to suit their needs. A main customization option for both categories and entries added by a rescue group is the ability to add modules to certain pages. A few of these modules includes a calendar that links to rescue dogs added by the rescue group on a certain day, a category listings module to show categories created by the rescue group in new locations, a guest book, list of rescue dogs that the rescue group has marked as favorite, custom links and much more.

Categories created by rescue groups virtually become the rescue group's own mini-website for listing their adoptable dogs (much like PetFinder) with customization options. Compared to PetFinder, Doberman Chat's database is more user-friendly, provides optimal organization and targets relevant, local search engine traffic to provide increased exposure for both the dogs and rescue group.

Members of Doberman Chat are able to comment to entered rescue dogs in order to gain additional information, communicate with the rescue group about the dog or simply wish the adoptable dog well in the search for a home. Comments to rescue dogs in user created categories can be moderated (edited\deleted) by the rescue group or comments may be disabled completely in their category if desired.

We welcome all rescues to join our community and participate in our rescue database. Add your adoptable dogs to our database and gain more exposure to both your rescue and your dogs.

This is all currently in the works for DCF and already implemented on our affiliate site Pit Bull Chat, With great success.

Doberman Chat does not ask for Donations to cover our increasing bandwidth costs, hosting Service, domain registration, and maintenance costs.
But thought that by offering up a donation system for this softwares licensing fee, Our community would benifit by workng together and taking a small part in this effort to get Doberman Chat one step closer to what this forum is about, Helping out the Doberman Population especially the ones that need it the most. Once we have reached our goal the donation bar will disappear. ;)

Regards,
The Doberman Chat team.

Preview of Pit Bull Chat's rescue database: http://www.pitbull-chat.com/rescue/

Von I am looking forward to this new software and think it'd gonna be great :D

Yeah e to im excited to start working on this project. its exactaly what ive been looking for.

DLS you can post them here and we can move them to the apropriate spot. But if you want to wait, we will let yoiu know as soon as possible, thank you for helping :D

It wont be all that simple as there are now forms to fill out regarding name, sex, age, color. etc, etc.. but really its so simple a cave man can do it lol

Let me know where and when I can post rescue Organizations that are in Canada.

International Rescues, and anytime is the perfect time its all set and already in use.

Thanks DLS. your gonna love the ease of the form. just remember you must save the pictures to your own computer and upload them useing the attachments feature for any pictures to display properly.

oh yes DLS, you'll love it, it is so very easy to use. Can't wait to see your additions

Back