Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

New puppy

Discussion in 'Doberman Puppies' started by Kalinka, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Kalinka

Kalinka New Member

Hello everyone! We are about to get a new Doberman puppy. We live in Cleveland Ohio. Maybe you can give me some recommendations on good trainers/classes/ ear crops and pretty much everything in our area. I would really appreciate that! I also need some recommendations on how to help my older Doberman female ( soon to be 9) to adopt to a new puppy. She is really mellow, nice to people and dogs in a doggy day care or parks, but hates small dog next door. Not sure what her reaction might be and how to help them become friends and live in peace. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

I'm sure there are people in your area that will chime in soon for your questions regarding local stuff. I've found the Leerburg website to be full of information on the questions forum, and they have many free videos. I've ordered several of their longer videos, most all of them are very helpful! Their training methods are down to earth and cover everything from puppy training on up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NamVetJoe

NamVetJoe Notable member

congratulations. Fasten your seatbelt you are about to undertake a wild ride:woot:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WILD ACE

WILD ACE Member

welcome from Minnesota!!!

5. mshipway

mshipway Jr Member

Welcome, enjoy, and good luck, cant wait to see pictures and hear about how it goes. I am not from the area so I cant help!

6. Panama

Panama Hot Topics Subscriber

If you are in Ohio, try to get in with Dr Ann Midgarten. She is in Wapakoneta, Ohio. You will not be disappointed with her ear cropping!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Welcome from SW Ohio!

@Panama , I'll have to remember that name. I know she's been recommended highly here before. If I ever get a Doberpup whose breeder does not crop, I'll have to take him there. That, or to the person who did Oji's ears and do a fantastic job; but they aren't in Ohio.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Welcome from Minnesota and congrats on your upcoming addition!

I think the older dog can tell the difference between a puppy and a little dogs. I kept a gate between ours for the first day or two but when I saw how well they interacted between the gate I let them together. Our female definitely took on the "Mommy role" with our pup and still protects him when he's 8 years old.
    Are you getting a male or female?

9. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Welcome from Ohio! We live just south of Cleveland.
    YES on Dr. Ann Midgarden! We had our litter Cropping at 7 weeks old. Only thing you need to book her well in advance.
    If not then Animal Clinic Northview Dr. Robert Hutchison but more expensive than Dr. Midgarden. Also Dr. Midgarden is a 3hr drive one way. But you will not be disappointed.
    Midgarden charges $300 for a pup.

Training Bill Oliver
    Custom Canine
    5081 Dunsha Rd.
    Medina, Oh
    330-278-2980

Any questions just PM me.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1