Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

New Pack Member!

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Antman408, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Antman408

Antman408 $ Forum Donor $

I want to introduce Trixie to everyone. She is an American Dobbie, around a year old. She was abandoned by some piece of shit at one of the local parks. My wife and me adopted her from the shelter today. She’s about 8 pounds underweight, however besides that has no health issues.

She’s dog aggressive, dog reactive and has zero manners with the exception of being able to sit when told.

We have already ordered all her equipment needed to train. A ruffland kennel and a custom made raw meal plan to get her nourished.

we have a a game plan already and on February 11th she will be going to a board and train. Until then she will be on a crate and rotate schedule with our current dog Rex. Below is a picture of her right before she tried to bite me lol.

1D1B7EC7-27DD-4D56-8414-9AC1E97DFFD7.jpeg

• Appreciation Appreciation x 12
    • Like Like x 2
    • Wow x 1
  2. Ravenbird

Ravenbird Notable member

Congratulations on your new challenge - I'm sure you'll be up for the task and I surely hope she learns what a lucky girl she is.

• Like Like x 3
  3. strykerdobe

strykerdobe Hot Topics Subscriber

Good luck with her!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

Wow! Congratulations on your new pack member!

I like your plan too. The board and train will be working on her dog aggression issues right, not just the same training Rex got? So how has Rex reacted to her arrival? Will be great to follow her progress. She surely is a lucky girl to have landed with you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Antman408

we couldn’t take her home today because she hadn’t had a vet check yet. However there will be no direct interactions between the two until after the board and train. She will have her behavior issues corrected. House training. On and off leash training. She will be brought to the same level as Rex is now. They keep the dog as long as it takes and theirs a lifetime warranty if the dog regresses. The board and train includes lifetime private and group session for the dog.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Thank you for taking her in. She’s very fortunate to have landed with you guys. You’ll do right by her. She’s probably never had consequences for her actions :( Bad ownership :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats and how awesome you were willing to take her on! Not everyone could or should do that but it sounds like you have a good plan in place. She looks like a pretty girl who just needs a secure place to call home with some good ground rules and love.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Antman408

It was my wife’s decision and I supported her on it. I even traded in my truck for a larger suv to facilitate the two dogs and be able crate them while driving.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wow x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. jazzies mum

jazzies mum Hot Topics Subscriber

Poor little lady hasn't had much luck with her hoomans until now. Hope she gets through those issues soon and learns what a real good life is all about! That pic made me feel so sad for her situation. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good for you Ant.

Really hope all goes well.

Keep us updated.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Antman408

a better picture of her.
    4C58BEE6-873B-4292-BA8E-0F80363AB66E.png

• Like Like x 6
  12. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

Congratulations on your new addition, she doesn’t appear to be underweight in the photos. Good luck and bless you for giving her another chance

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Antman408

Shes 52 pounds at the moment. If you look from above or the side her hip bones pertrude out and her ribs are overly exposed. Hard to get a picture of her as she can’t stand still. Will try to post more this week.

14. Antman408

15. C908

C908 Notable member

I also want to say thank you, this dog now has a chance at a good life. This dog could have easily ended up in the wrong hands and had a bad life or no life. Please keep us updated on your progress.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Congrats on your new challenge!! Its wonderful that you are able to take this on and give her a chance at a better life! I hope all goes well! We will be anxious for updates to follow you through your journey! Shes a pretty girl!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Bless you and thank you for helping this Doberman. Sounds like you have it all together and have your plan in place!!

She could not have come into a better home.
    I will be following this. I can’t wait to see all the positive changes and enjoyment this girl will be getting!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. breezyy493

breezyy493 New Member

Congrats on adding to your family! Can I ask where the board & train is?

19. Antman408

send me a PM and I can give you all the information.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ivory Skye

Ivory Skye New Member

Congratulations, what a lucky girl. All the best.