New member of the pack

Rnrgyrl

Hot Topics Subscriber
Well. No 2nd dobe yet but we adopted a Rotticorso. It was too much for a friend of mine so I got a super good deal! Free! He is 10 weeks old and he was the runt of the litter so he’s only 8 pounds. Love his brindle paws. My baby #5. All four other dogs have adjusted to him pretty well. The Doberman wants nothing to do with him and the alpha Chihuahua snaps every now and then!

Attachments

• 15606D31-9F59-4D5E-B1E9-F911B73D6336.jpeg
    15606D31-9F59-4D5E-B1E9-F911B73D6336.jpeg
    604.2 KB · Views: 27
  • F4E663D1-5C42-40FA-8848-5642A174901C.jpeg
    F4E663D1-5C42-40FA-8848-5642A174901C.jpeg
    484.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 2D279F57-9285-448B-801F-6EBDB35DB8F3.jpeg
    2D279F57-9285-448B-801F-6EBDB35DB8F3.jpeg
    42.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 36C6E3BD-0CE2-4C84-940B-1CD5F009DD33.jpeg
    36C6E3BD-0CE2-4C84-940B-1CD5F009DD33.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 13CE9269-2D01-43EB-AF51-C131F2B2569E.jpeg
    13CE9269-2D01-43EB-AF51-C131F2B2569E.jpeg
    619.2 KB · Views: 28

Lizbeli

$ Premium Subscriber $
Hot Topics Subscriber
Well. No 2nd dobe yet but we adopted a Rotticorso. It was too much for a friend of mine so I got a super good deal! Free! He is 10 weeks old and he was the runt of the litter so he’s only 8 pounds. Love his brindle paws.

Wow definitely a tiny thing for his age! But doesn’t mean he won’t catch up with proper care :) I agree, his brindle paws are absolutely adorable!

I am not surprised the doberman is being a meanie lol. Jasper was very put off to my new pup for the first few days.

Oh Little Oji

Formerly Tad
Hot Topics Subscriber
$ Forum Donor $
Nice! Never seen that – seems where he's not black, he's brindle! Congrats! There's a good chance if it's indeed 1/2 Rott & 1/2 Corso that he'll outweigh your Dobe when he grows up.

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
What a cutie! He sure has a fat little belly too. Have you checked for worms?
the alpha Chihuahua snaps every now and then!
I would stem that behavior or the Chihuahua could get hurt when he gets bigger.

Rnrgyrl

Hot Topics Subscriber
Wow! Congrats to you! What behaviors were problematic for your friend? It's just fun to know because these Dobermans are such a handful as pups so we are more prepared for a certain level of crazy puppy energy 😁

It's written all over his face! 🤣
Hey Kaiser2016. My 20-year-old boy brought him to me as his college friends had picked him up from who knows who? They couldn’t deal with the peeing in the pooping in the puppy crying when they tried to create it and stuff like that! So my son who knows mommy loves dogs brought him home and I couldn’t say no once I saw that sweet face! Potty training crate training dealing with crying babies and all that stuff is not a problem for me. I just don’t put up with it it takes me very little time to train a dog!

Rnrgyrl

Hot Topics Subscriber
What a cutie! He sure has a fat little belly too. Have you checked for worms?

I would stem that behavior or the Chihuahua could get hurt when he gets bigger.
Hi Miss Jan! I love all your dobes and I love all your support! When the puppy came to me I knew he had a belly full of worms just because of how he bloated and the day I got him I made a vet appointment and unfortunately he didn’t make it on time! I thought he had Parvo he had the same symptoms and it scared me because of all the other dogs in my household and I syringe fed him for two days before we could get him to the vet! Long story short it was a belly full of hookworms eating him alive and he was hospitalized for two days and had blood transfusions! He was admitted to NC State veterinarian hospital and yes it cost me a couple grand for a puppy my teenager brought home!
he’s been home for about 10 days now and he is a chunky fat little guy that has gained 5 pounds since he is home and gosh I am a sucker for dogs aren’t I? I always wanted to get a red dobe. I just turned 50 last week and I don’t know how much longer I can deal with puppies! but the kids brought the baby home and mama needed to take care of it. Now I know why nobody would play with him they knew he was sick but now they all play together it’s amazing and this Rottweiler mix is such a smart little fella he learns faster than any of the other dogs! I think I have fallen in love!

Rnrgyrl

Hot Topics Subscriber
Also on the Chihuahua so the Chihuahua that is the toughest Chihuahua that I always have to crate when anybody comes over he and the new puppy are the best of friends they chase each other around they play with each other they have such a good time a never thought they would be the best of friends but I will continue to watch the Rottweilers behavior and make sure to discipline him so he knows to be gentle. The Doberman is also infatuated with the Chihuahua even though it’s the toughest Chihuahua he loves to chase him and go after him but he just likes to poke him with his nuzzle but thank God I’ve been home for the last 18 months! If I ever leave the house I usually put the Chihuahua in a safe place! I love watching their playful dynamic but I will always take extra precautions to protect the little ones. They do end up sleeping with each other I am always watching and training them every day. Love u all!

JanS

DCF Owner
Administrative Staff
Hot Topics Subscriber
the day I got him I made a vet appointment and unfortunately he didn’t make it on time! I thought he had Parvo he had the same symptoms and it scared me because of all the other dogs in my household and I syringe fed him for two days before we could get him to the vet! Long story short it was a belly full of hookworms eating him alive and he was hospitalized for two days and had blood transfusions! He was admitted to NC State veterinarian hospital and yes it cost me a couple grand for a puppy my teenager brought home!
Wow how sad but how great you went the distance to get him through it.

Rnrgyrl

Hot Topics Subscriber
No dogs are allowed in the bed or on the couch! What happened! Lol. Happy holidays all!

Mandy and the gang in NC

Attachments

• 007190A7-7EB4-45D3-A51D-02ADBEC43140.jpeg
    007190A7-7EB4-45D3-A51D-02ADBEC43140.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 39DB9BAF-C774-42DF-A449-2E328466A150.jpeg
    39DB9BAF-C774-42DF-A449-2E328466A150.jpeg
    503.6 KB · Views: 8