• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

New Documentary "Pet Fooled" Out About Pet Food

That will be interesting to watch...Good Lord I don't know how my Dad's Dobes lived so long on their crap food!...I had no idea back then!
ETA...I still have no idea!! Ha. I wonder if Dad would have changed his ways if the internet (and D-chat) existed then!!

I don't know how my Dad's Dobes lived so long on their crap food!...I had no idea back then!
I don't think a lot of the "crap foods" were as bad back then. It seems with every passing year they keep adding more and more junk fillers, so they get crappier by the day.

I don't think a lot of the "crap foods" were as bad back then. It seems with every passing year they keep adding more and more junk fillers, so they get crappier by the day.
Or it's the GMO corn ;)

I don't think so either. 40-50yrs ago my parents fed our dogs gravy train and table food. Also got a few big raw bones from the butcher! Don't remember taking our dogs to the Vet!

Well...that all makes sense!!...I'm relieved to know that Max and Jed were maybe not being fed as crappily as I thought!! I don't really remember them being at the vet, either. That's crazy.

People also didnt pay attention to every little poop either. If your dog had the shits for a day or two, you likely didnt notice until the next time you cleaned up the yard and the dog was fine again. Under the weather was just a calm and relaxed dog. Lots of pet owners didnt notice their dogs were sick unless they were limping obviously, vomiting, or had diarrhea in the house. Other owners were just as hands on as we are. The same holds true of pet owners today. Some are hands on, some arent. I took a dog nutrition course when I was about 14 and probably only understood half of it. Even nutrition for horses when I was in college was quite complicated.

The trailer certainly looks interesting. I look forward to watching the whole thing, probably alone since my husband hates what feels are one sided documentaries.

Ha!... well that would definitely be the case with my Dad's Dobes. He wasn't exactly going over every poop with a fine-toothed comb like I am!...But sometimes my Dad and I seem like two different "breeds!" We do have a passion for Dobes in common!
I think even back then I would have been on poop patrol and occasionally sending pics to the poor members here to examine it!!...I'm overbearing, and Jax probably wishes I had inherited some of my Dad's other traits!

Last edited:
I think even back then I would have been on poop patrol and occasionally sending pics to the poor members who to examine!!...I'm overbearing, and Jax probably wishes I had inherited some of my Dad's other traits!
I think all of us here are all about poop because it can tell so much about their overall well being. I watch them every single time, even though I have to pretend to be looking the other way. LOL

Back