New Dobermann

Anita67

Hi guys, I've recently got this Blue girl from Europe for free. As you can see she was in a dreadful state. I had to get her to the UK from Romania ASAP after seeing the awful pictures. She's on 3 small meals a day now and has put weight on as you can see. She is cropped and I've been posting her ears but if they don't stand I don't care. I've named her Halli and she is a blue/tan the first I've owned or seen in person. I'd appreciate any help on keeping her coat in good condition ( she's fed raw like my other import) .
As you can also see shes taken over the sofa shes an absolute sweetheart. I had to drive nearly the length of the uk and back to get her from the transporter but it was so worth it. I cant imagine being without her now. Id love to see pics of your Blue and Isabella dobes.
20230105_113901.jpgreceived_1329852747769717.jpeg20230105_113901.jpgreceived_1329852747769717.jpeg20230105_113901.jpg

Welcome from Ohio!

Some things for coat.
Omega 3 Fish Oil I like ones made from Sardines/Anchovy
Try and get Organic Raw Eggs and also give the shell. We crush the shell into small pieces with our fingers.
Also, some people give Biotin and Melatonin.

Will post more later.

You should be very proud to have rescued her! She is lovely! She was definitely underweight, but it looks like you have her going in the right direction. I agree with you about her ears standing or not standing, if they don't that doesn't make her any less beautiful. Do you know about how old she is? Please keep posting pics so we can watch her progress, and congratulations!

You should be very proud to have rescued her! She is lovely! She was definitely underweight, but it looks like you have her going in the right direction. I agree with you about her ears standing or not standing, if they don't that doesn't make her any less beautiful. Do you know about how old she is? Please keep posting pics so we can watch her progress, and congratulations!
Hi yes she is 6 months old. Awww I will do and thank you

What a pretty girl! :congrats:

You may still have a chance to get the ears standing if she's only 6 months.

Welcome and thank you for saving another mistreated dog from Romania so many don't get saved, I'm sure you will find lots of support here, she is going to repay you many tines over for the love and care you give her.

She is beautiful. Seeing her previous condition breaks my heart. These pups become so much a part of the family. The idea they should be made to suffer like this is beyond imagination. Thank you for saving her.

Hi guys, I've recently got this Blue girl from Europe for free. As you can see she was in a dreadful state. I had to get her to the UK from Romania ASAP after seeing the awful pictures. She's on 3 small meals a day now and has put weight on as you can see. She is cropped and I've been posting her ears but if they don't stand I don't care. I've named her Halli and she is a blue/tan the first I've owned or seen in person. I'd appreciate any help on keeping her coat in good condition ( she's fed raw like my other import) .
As you can also see shes taken over the sofa shes an absolute sweetheart. I had to drive nearly the length of the uk and back to get her from the transporter but it was so worth it. I cant imagine being without her now. Id love to see pics of your Blue and Isabella dobes.
View attachment 131305View attachment 131304View attachment 131305View attachment 131304View attachment 131305

Sorry been busy.

Feeding Raw is good. Are you feeding a variety of 80% different Meat proteins, 10% Variety of Organs, 10% Bone and what else are you adding? Caned Sardine in water
Raw Organic Eggs/with eggshells are good for the coat.
I would also look for a good probiotic to add for good Gut. 80% of the Immune System is located in the Gut. Health begins in the Gut!

Some other supplements good for Skin & Coat and other things such as the Immune System. We only use human brands such as NOW Brand supplements.
A good Omega 3 Fish oil I mentioned above post. Icelandic Pure Sardine/Anchovy. We get the 33oz bottle. Would start off with a smaller amount.
Vitamin E 400iu-800iu a day.
B-50 Complex 1x a day.
Vitamin C 1000mg 1x a day.
Zinc 50mg 1x a day.
Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil internally and topically. But topically they might keep licking their skin! So probably wouldn't do topically. 1 teaspoon or tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil. Again, start off with the lower amount first.
Caned Sardines in water drained.
Kelp powder Has lots of micro ingredients. Look for a USDA Certified Organic, from deep cold waters, possibility third party tested for heavy metals. Maybe check at Health Food store. Use 1/2 of the dose. Also, it has Iodine in it. So if a dog is already on Thyroid meds I would talk to your Veterinarian first.
Biotin
Melatonin 1.5-3mg 1x per day in the evening. Can read more info link below.
Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother in it. 1 table spoon a day. We use Bragg's with the Mother in it.

More info on Melatonin

Also, I would have a complete Full Thyroid Panel Test done. Because Dobermans are prone to Thyroid issues. Which can affect Heart, Skin & Coat and other Glands and Organs.

I would check with your Vet know giving these supplements. If your vet says "I don't think it will help," ask him/her "well, do you think it would hurt to try it?"

Also, you can give baths. But not a lot of them because they can take out the natural oils in the skin. I would use an all Organic one with a Conditioner in it.

2021-4Legger-website-logo-01_410x.png

4Legger very good Organic shampoo if you can find it or something close to it. It doesn't have any Synthetic Chemicals and a long list of other things you don't want in a shampoo.
Can read about it below and what to look for and what you don't want in a Shampoos.

Non-Ingredients: What You Won't Find In 4-Legger's Organic Dog Shampoo

Back