Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

New Doberman owner from Sri Lanka

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Balakumar, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Balakumar

Balakumar New Member

CE85A2A2-5EB4-4CE2-ADB1-9A65CAD52353.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  2. Balakumar

Balakumar New Member

Hello, My 19 weeks old male Doberman puppy weighs 44 lbs and 23 inches height at withers . Is the weight and height is good. As I am a new Doberman owner I want to clarify. Anybody please help.

3. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

His weight sounds about right. Hard to tell because puppies all grow so differently. You should check out the puppy weight page here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GennyB

GennyB Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

This thread should give you an idea Doberman puppy owners - track your weight gain here

Puppies grow in such weird spurts, they can look fat one day and skinny the next. Your pup sounds about right right. He may hit a stage where he looks lanky and skinny for what seems like forever. It can take a loooong time for those boys to mature.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Welcome from Louisiana!!!

Good looking Doberman you have there. Have fun with them now. They grow very big, very fast. You won’t recognize him at 8 months.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Balakumar

Balakumar New Member

Ok. Thank you then I will feed him as I am feeding now

7. Balakumar

Balakumar New Member

Thank you very much for a new person like me

8. Ddski5

Ddski5 Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

As far as his weight goes, I believe the golden rule from the experts is there is no set amount to feed. It all depends on how your pup is holding his weight. Generally, at puppy age, I fed 3 to 3-1/2 cups of kibble a day give or take extra food/treats given during training.

I always made/make sure I can see a glimmer shape of his last rib to tell if I was feeding too much. If it got to the point that I could not see this glimmer of his last rib, I just cut his food back by 1/2 cup or increased his training to work it off.

I never really had an issue of him holding too much weight, Ragnar is an ever moving machine that never stops. He is always on the go and always looking for something to eat.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Balakumar

Balakumar New Member

Thank you

10. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Welcome!

• Agree Agree x 1