1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Nervewracked!!

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by DobesMom, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Oh my god...I am scared poopless. Fire is in for surgery today. She's getting spayed, finally. I ordered full blood work, IV & all that good stuff the vet considers "extra" and I consider "necessary". I hope it all goes smoothly. This poor girl had had such a tough start in life...

Wish her well & think good thoughts, will you please?
    Mommy is stressin' at home waiting for news. :rolleyes:

2. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww, our best vibes and thoughts are with both of you for a smooth procedure. I'm sure she'll do fine, and will be happy to get back home with her "Mommy".

Let us know how it goes.

3. Dobiegirl

Dobiegirl Novitiate

Wishing her and you well and speedy recovery...pleze lets us know how she is doing....

4. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

DM - sending lots of pittie love your way for full and speedy recovery. Keep us posted. :)

5. MLR

MLR Novitiate

She is going to be fine. I get the same way for any surgery any of my animals have to have; we all do. You wouldn't be normal if you weren't a bundle of nerves right now. She, on the other hand, is hopefully in la la land about now from all the anesthesia. I'm praying for her and you that everything goes smooth and she is home before you know it. Give her a hug from my guys and me. Sit down somewhere and drink a nice cup of hot tea. It's going to be alright.:)

6. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Thanks everyone! The vets assistant called. All went well & she can come home this evening. That's my tuff chick!! I love her so...

I wonder how I'll be when Ember gets spayed & cropped at the same time! AARRGG!
    Speaking of, anyone had a VERY young pup spayed...like 10-12 weeks? We had ONE done & she lived till 11 years old, died of cancer of the stomach...actually pneumonia & complications. She had no adverse affects, but was pretty small (65 pounds) & lanky, if that has anything to do with it.

7. MLR

MLR Novitiate

I'm so glad everything went alright. I know I'm going to be the same way in a couple of weeks when I have to have my 6 month old kitten spayed. She is on of a litter of five with only two surviving that I fostered. Every day I'm amazed that she made it when three of her sisters didn't. Get her bed ready; she's going to be sleepy after she gets home and eats and drinks again. :SwinginStar:

8. zoorox

zoorox Notable member

glad it went well!

we had beau our lab neutred at like 9weeks......not a spay but it went well :)

9. Kponza

Kponza New Member

Glad it went well sending healing thoughts her way.
    Kim and Cinnia

10. MaddoxDobes

MaddoxDobes Member

Glad to her the surgery went well! *hugs*

11. deladobies

deladobies Member

Sorry I was late on this... so glad everything went smooth.. Your doin a great job, your a good dobermom

12. MLR

MLR Novitiate

How is Fire doing now? Did she come home tonight?? Don't leave us hanging like this. Please update.:)

13. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

DM - I had Orion and Penny both fixed at 16 weeks, I know it isn't as young as Ember but close neough and they are fine, besides Penny's epilepsy, which is genetic, they are both happy healthy dogs. Penny is almost 3 and orion is almost 18 mo.

How is the girl today?? Keep us posted, i am glad that everything went well and she got to come home. :D

14. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Hi! I'm late on this too! But sure glad everything went well for you both! We all know how you feel. I'm sure her homecoming was a heartwarming event!

15. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Sorry...we were running around trying to find a crate & set it up last night. She came home at 9 pm. She was still out of it. No food yet (soon, I have it on the stove now). She has Rymadyl (sp?) for her pain med?? :( I heard bad things about this, but can't remember what. I'll have to look into it. Didn't notice what she had till her dose this morning. I gave it to her at 4 am & she seems fine. She's so tired, poor kid. The incision is pretty big!
    Emmie keeps crying, she wants in the crate to curl up with Fire. No way, kiddo!
    Oh! She got her shots yesterday. The vet said she still has some weezing & some sneezing...but thinks as long as she is acting fine/eating/drinking she will get better soon. The cold just has to run it's course. He felt she was OK enough for a 5-in-1 & a corona. So, that's good.
    I was very impressed. I got a call from her breeder yesterday wanting to know how she was, what the vet said, how we like her, if I had any questions. W talked for about 90 minutes...he is sending me some amoxicillin (just in case I want to use it), Emmies AKC papers, & a "puppy package".
    Pretty cool considering how Fire's greeder was. The difference is night & day.

16. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

Fire says, "Hi" (actually I think she cursed me for the flash! LOL)
    [​IMG]

17. apbtmom76

apbtmom76 Guest

awww I'm glad she is home and safe.

18. DobieLvr

DobieLvr Novitiate

How she doing this morning?

19. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Aww, I'm glad everything went well. What a sweetheart! Send her a hug and a pat for me.

Does your vet offer laser surgery? That's what we've used for spay/neuter and it only leaves a tiny little incision, and they barely notice anything has been done. Just mentioning it for when you have Ember done, if it helps ease your mind. :)

20. DobesMom

DobesMom Member

I will do lazer for Emmie because for the ears I wanted to go lazer for sure. If it's easier on them, hell yeah I'll do it. Sadly they never really mentioned that it was a smaller incision & an easier recovery w/a spay. :( $60 extra would be $$ well spent. But, really, Fire is doing GREAT today. She's eating and hanging out in the sun on the carpet. Got on the couch with me for a nap. She's not too hot on being crated during the day with Hooter & Emmie loose. :rolleyes: