• Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”

Need advise on portions for raw food

Rocky2017

Hello everybody!!! I feed Rocky raw ground chicken/sometimes beef/mixed with organs and bones already, twice a day about 2 pounds a day.( one morning , one in the evening)I give him a raw egg twice a week.Beef neck meaty bones twice a week.
Rocky is 1year and 8 month i m not sure how much his weight now but he is big enough for me and he doesn't look skinny at all.Although , on the past few weeks i noticed that he doesn't looks really full from the first meal,licking the bawl, after the food done ,like a crazy and i guess if i feed him enough for his age?
He receive a little amount of the treats ( liver bites) during the day plus fruits, sometimes cheese, not often.
Any suggestion on it? is it enough to feed 2 pounds a day? Thank you!

Kaiser get 2 lbs as well and he looks to be a good weight. Licking the bowl like crazy, that might just be a Doberman thing. Mine will lick his until it looks totally clean. He will even go back to check it.

Buddy will lick his bowl clean too. Especially when I add a spoonful of coconut oil. :) Kali will even go and make sure that he cleaned it out good. After she cleans hers out good! LOL

I don't feed raw so I can't comment on how much you are giving him in food. But there are several people on here that do. I hope they chime in for you too.

Should be feeding for starters at least 2-3% of Body weight. But each dog will be different. Based on energy level, cough potato and metabolism.

I feed 3 pounds a day, along with quail eggs 4 days a week. Also added supplements.

You want to feed 2.5%-3% of his body weight. For dogs under 12 months you want to feed around 5% of body weight.

You also want to base his food by his body condition as well and activity level.

Back