1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Natural remedies for health related problems!

Discussion in 'Doberman Health and News Articles' started by DLS, Oct 1, 2008.

1. DLS

DLS Notable member

Apple Cider Vinegar for Dogs

Every home with dogs should have apple cider vinegar. It's a remedy with multiple uses for dogs: alleviating allergies, arthritis, establishing correct pH balance. You can also give apple cider vinegar to cats and horses.

As written in an excellent, 1997 article by Wendy Volhard:

"...If your dog has itchy skin, the beginnings of a hot spot, incessantly washes its feet, has smelly ears, or is picky about his food, the application of ACV may change things around. For poor appetite, use it in the food - 1 tablespoon, two times a day for a 50 lb. dog. For itchy skin or beginning hot spots, put ACV into a spray bottle, part the hair and spray on. Any skin eruption will dry up in 24 hours and will save you having to shave the dog. If the skin is already broken, dilute ACV with an equal amount of water and spray on.

Taken internally, ACV is credited with maintaining the acid/alkaline balance of the digestive tract. To check your dog's pH balance, pick up some pH strips at the drug store, and first thing in the morning test the dog's urine. If it reads anywhere from 6.2 - 6.5, your dog's system is exactly where it should be. If it is 7.5 or higher, the diet you are feeding is too alkaline, and ACV will re-establish the correct balance.

If you have a dog that has clear, watery discharge from the eyes, a runny nose, or coughs with a liquid sound, use ACV in his or her food. One teaspoon twice a day for a 50 lb. dog will do the job.

After your weekly grooming sessions, use a few drops in his or her ears after cleaning them to avoid ear infections. Other uses for ACV are the prevention of muscle weakness, cramps, feeling the cold, calluses on elbows and hock joints, constipation, bruising too easily, pimples on skin surfaces, twitching of facial muscles, sore joints, arthritis and pus in the urine. There are also reports that it is useful in the prevention of bladder and kidney stones.

Fleas, flies, ticks and bacteria, external parasites, ring worm, fungus, staphylococcus, streptococcus, pneumococcus, mange, etc., are unlikely to inhabit a dog whose system is acidic inside and out. Should you ever experience any of these with your dog, bathe with a nice gentle herbal shampoo -- one that you would use on your own hair -- rinse thoroughly, and then sponge on ACV diluted with equal amounts of warm water. Allow your dog to drip dry. It is not necessary to use harsh chemicals for minor flea infestations. All fleas drown in soapy water and the ACV rinse makes the skin too acidic for a re-infestation. If you are worried about picking up fleas when you take your dog away from home, keep some ACV in a spray bottle, and spray your dog before you leave home, and when you get back. Take some with you and keep it in the car, just in case you need it any time. Obviously for major infestations, more drastic measures are necessary. ACV normalizes the pH levels of the skin, makes your dog unpalatable to even the nastiest of bacteria and you have a dog that smells like a salad, a small price to pay! "

• Pure Genius! Pure Genius! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. DLS

DLS Notable member

Oral Rehydration Formula

1 liter (about 4 cups) of water
    2-3 tablespoons of honey or sugar
    ½ teaspoon of salt or ¼ teaspoon of salt substitute (potassium chloride)
    ½ tablespoon of baking soda (bicarbonate)
    2-3 tablespoons of sugar or honey

• Like Like x 1
  3. DLS

DLS Notable member

ARTHRITIC HIPS

D from Atlanta, GA writes: "Many, many thanks to Archie from West Covina, Cal for writing in about molasses for aging/sad dogs. I had just bought organic molasses (regular, not blackstrap) at the grocery store for myself and decided after reading Archie's email that I would also give it to my two dogs. One of my dogs is a 13 years old, 55 pound shepard mutt who has a rough time walking up hills when we go on our daily walks. I added molasses to both dogs meals today (good quality kibble, slightly undercooked ground turkey, and 1/2 teaspoon of molasses that I watered down with hot water) and OMG!! I cannot believe the difference in just one day! On our walk tonight, my elderly dog walked at a fast clip the entire walk, even on the hills. No problem whatsoever. WOW! Molasses should be a must for all aging dogs. I will write in again after they've been on it longer with another update. My dog won't touch apple cider vinegar or any other supplement I try to give him, so this remedy is a God send. My finicky boy dog actually likes the taste of molasses!

P.S. I am slowly going to increase the amount of molasses I give the dogs. I am starting slowly because I don't want them to get the runs!"

BEREAVED DOGS

Archie from West Covina, Cal writes: "Dogs Sad after Owner Passes are CURED!!! Well for 8 solid months Ive been taking care of 2 older dogs who are deaply saddend by the passing of there owner and very good friend of mine. These 2 did nothing but mope around depressed! They needed something soon before they would die of depression. I found out the Healing power that mollasses has given me and thought ..maybe it could help these 2 dogs.???So, I poured some on there dog food ,and,was amazed they ate it. In less than 1 day these dogs turned had turned completely around!!!They started playing & barking and to this day (2 months later)they are high spirited and ALIVE !!! Im only a Maytag Repairman & I came up with there cure of dog sadness."

CANCEROUS TUMORS

Glen from St. Mary\'s Newfoundland writes: "A friend of mine who's dog was riddled with cancerous tumors gave him black strap molasses each day for a month. she took him back to the Veterinarian and the cancer and tumor were gone! Her mother, who was a medicine woman in the hills of West Virginia suggested she do this as the ancient egyptians used the remedy for consumption (cancer)."

4. DLS

DLS Notable member

Arthritis Remedies for Dogs

As our beloved canine friend begins to age, it is likely that at some point a certain degree of arthritis will set in and begin to slow our pet down a bit.' Arthritis affects the animal by causing inflammation and pain in the joints. Although all breeds and sizes of dogs are susceptible, it is the large and giant breeds who are most prone to the problem. The added weight due to their size puts additional pressure on the joints and results in more wear and tear. You may notice, as your pet gets older, that it is increasingly difficult for him or her to get up after sleeping, and might move more slowly or stiffly when walking.

There are a number of things that you can do at home for your pet to slow down the progression of the disease and help your dog to stay healthy and as pain free as possible.

The first solution is to incorporate substantial doses of powdered Vitamin C into the dog's daily meal. Vitamin C will help keep tissue healthy and protect against further joint deterioration. (Use a sodium ascorbate or another form of buffered vitamin C, as plain ascorbic acid may cause an upset stomach.)

Here is a daily dosage guide for adult dogs:
    Small dogs 500mg - 1,000mg
    Medium - Large dogs 1,000mg - 2,000mg
    Giant dogs 2,000mg - 4,000mg

Start with the lowest recommended dosage and gradually increase it once or twice per year. If the dog is producing loose stools the dosage may be a bit high so cut back slightly and increase it gradually over time.

You can also try using Rhus Toxicodendron, which is a very effective homeopathic remedy and will help to manage pain and aching.

Lastly, you might try incorporating Home-Cooked Meals for your pet, as this will provide them with high-quality and chemical free food. Just be sure to avoid using any vegetables that are considered part of the "nightshade" family, such as tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and eggplant. These types of vegetables tend to aggravate an arthritic condition.

5. DLS

DLS Notable member

Aural Haematoma Remedies

What exactly is an Aural Haematoma? Well, essentially it is a blood blister that forms on your pet's earflap. These can often occur as a result of your pet having an ear infection, fleas or mites. When your pet scratches it's ear or shakes it's head in an effort to rid itself of an itch caused by the pesky mite, flea or irritation, the pet may unknowingly cause some damage. The strong and vigorous action can cause a blood blister, which can be extremely painful for the animal.

The blister forms by building an accumulation of fluid in between the skin layers and the earflap. You may see or feel the lump underneath the skin on the animal's ear. When treatment is delayed this type of problem will continue to worsen and the blister will increase in size making it even more difficult to treat.

This condition can occur in both cats and dogs, however there are certain breeds, which may be more prone to the problem. Those breeds that have large ears such as retrievers or spaniels may be more susceptible than those dogs with smaller ears.

This can be a very difficult problem to treat and therefore the sooner you take action, the better. If the animal continues to scratch and bother with the affected ear the blister will bleed and further damage the surrounding tissue. Depending on the severity of the situation it may be necessary to have the blister drained or operated on in an effort to eliminate the contents of the haematoma. Use a treatment of Arnica (or otherwise known as Leopard's Bane) to help control and reduce the blood loss and tissue damage. In order to manage the pain that the animal is experiencing, use a treatment of Hamamelis (otherwise known as Witch Hazel).

6. DLS

DLS Notable member

Urinary Incontinence Remedies

Have you ever noticed that when you wake in the morning your pet's bed is damp and smells of urine? If so, it is possible that your pet is suffering from Urinary Incontinence. This problem causes your pet to have little accidents, which usually occur at night when they are lying down. The animal is not deliberately urinating but as a result of the condition, urine will dribble out without the pet being able to control it.

There are several medical reasons that could contribute to this condition such as urethral valves that are not working properly, urinary system defects, cancer or prostate problems in male pets. This condition can affect both males and females but overall the problem occurs much more commonly among older female pets.

Now this is not the same thing as when on occasion your dog gets excited to see someone or is nervous and as a result, piddles on the floor. This type of situation is purely a behavioral problem, not a medical one such as urinary incontinence is.

There are a few different types of homeopathic treatments that you can try if your pet has this type of problem, such as Causticum, Gelsemium and Turnera. The specific cause of the problem should be properly diagnosed to help determine the best course of treatment. Remember, this is a condition that your pet has no control over and he or she should not be punished for wetting the bed at night. Your pet likely is no more happy about it than you are.

There are a couple of things that you can do to help make the situation a little easier and more comfortable for your pet. If you have a dog that is affected by urinary incontinence, then take them out for the last evening pee immediately before you go to bed at night, and as soon as you wake up in the morning. Your cat would probably appreciate it if you were able to move the litter box near to where it sleeps so that he or she can relieve its bladder during the night. Change the pets bedding daily and in cases where the animal sleeps on a cushion or pillow as a bed, wrap it in heavy plastic and cover with bedding that you can easily clean. This will help to cut down on and eliminate smell and potential health risks.

7. DLS

DLS Notable member

Ear Infection Remedies for Pets

Do you have a pet that suffers from the occasional ear infection? It's frustrating for you as an owner because the infection is often difficult to deal with and rid your pet of. It's even more frustrating for the pet, as it causes them to continually scratch and fuss with the affected ear and is just plain uncomfortable for them.

These types of ear problems will affect both cats and dogs, but more commonly is an issue for our canine friends. Ear infections are often pretty easy to spot as in addition to noticing your pet physically scratching and rubbing its ears, the infection often is accompanied by a dark, waxy substance inside the ear and carries with it a horrible smell. The cause of the infection could be a number of things such as a yeast, or fungal infection, ear mites, and unfortunately those dogs with floppy ears and/or fur inside the ear canal are particularly at risk.

Another sure-fire way to an ear infection is a dog that loves to swim. Retrievers and other particular breeds are naturally drawn to water and as a result it's difficult to keep them out of the pool, pond or lake. Pets who enjoy their regular swimming sessions are prone to ongoing ear infections as a result of the water that gets into their ears.

You may not be able to stop them from taking that regular dip, and you probably wouldn't even want to, but you certainly can take action to prevent those nasty ear infections. Regardless of the cause of your pet's occasional ear infection, make sure that you clean your pet's ears on a regular basis. Use a solution of 50% Vinegar and 50% Water and insert the solution into the ear canal. Gently massage it in and use cotton balls to clean out any debris. (This is also the same cleaning protocol you would want to use when your pet actually has an ear infection prior to administering any type of treatment.)

For those of you with the regular swimmers, mix a solution of 1 cup of Water, 2 cups of Vinegar and 1 tablespoon of Rubbing Alcohol. Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and squirt it onto the outside of the ear canal once or twice per week and after every swim. You can also use this solution applied with a cotton ball to clean out the inner part of the ear. The alcohol in the mixture will help to dissolve wax, whereas the vinegar creates an acidic environment that will not allow yeast or bacteria to grow in.

8. DLS

DLS Notable member

Pet Injury Remedies

Katharine from Charleston, SC writes: "I have a rescue dog who came to me with torn ACLs in both of her back knees. She could barely walk. I found a product called Traumeel. It is an all natural anti-inflammatory, analgesic that is GREAT for muscle pains, aches, injuries, sprains, bruises, arthritis, muscle inflammation, etc. It has changed my dog's life. She is running around like a puppy until I get the money for her expensive surgeries. I use the liquid form and drop it on her food twice a day. This is perfectly safe for dogs and cats. It is actually a human product but has been successfully been used on animals for years."

EC: Ingredients: 50 grams of ointment or gel contains: 0.75 grams each of Arnica montana 3X, Calendula officinalis 1X, Hamamelis virginiana 1X; 0.50 grams each of Aconitum napellus 3X, Belladonna 3X; 0.25 grams each of Bellis perennis 1X, Chamomilla 1X, Echinacea angustifolia 1X, Echinacea purpurea 1X; Millefolium 1X 0.15 gram; Hepar sulphuris calcareum 8X 0.125 gram; Mercurius solubilis 8X 0.06 gram; Symphytum officinale 4X 0.05 gram and Hypericum perforatum 6X 0.045 gram in a hydrophilic base.

9. DLS

DLS Notable member

Remedies to Treat Nail Injury in Dog

WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU CUT INTO THE QUICK OF A NAIL

Most pet owners have had to deal with that dreadful moment of what to do when as a result of clipping your pet’s nails you accidentally cut into the quick.' First of all let’s make sure that you know exactly what the “quick” is. If you take a look at your pets nail (view the side area of the nail), you will see that part of the way up there is pink line portion inside the nail. This is the blood vessel of the nail and is called the quick. This is much more difficult to detect on black or dark colored nails, but if your pet’s nails are white you should be able to see it easily.

It is often when attempting to trim those black or dark nails that accidents happen and we sometimes cut the nail too deeply and hit the quick. The problem with cutting into the quick of the nail is that it is extremely painful for our pet, and is very difficult to stem the flow of blood. Often once we think it has finally stopped, the animal moves to get up and just merely touching the nail on a hard floor or object causes it to bleed once again.

Some people choose to use a styptic powder such as Kwik-Stop to prevent further bleeding, but most of us don’t have that on hand. There are a number of everyday products that work just as well to stop the bleeding and that are guaranteed to be found in almost every home.

Here are a couple of suggestions…

Grab a Dry Bar of Soap and gently rake the nail across the soap to block the blood flow
    OR

Fill the palm of your hand with Baby Powder, Baking Soda or Flour and dip the nail into the powder, making sure to coat it well so that the nail stops bleeding
    The trick after you have stopped the bleeding is to keep the animal lying or sitting still for a good period of time so that the bleeding does not begin again.

BAKING POWDER

Denice from Roulette, PA writes: "We were watching tv and our dog, Dixie was laying quietly with us so we decided to trim her nails and got one too close and she started to bleed. We looked for anything and my husband suggested using the computer and your web site came up. It listed baby powder, baking soda and flour...in my rush to stop the bleeding I grabbed the baking powder put about a teaspoon on my hand and we packed it against the bleeding nail. It worked within 10 minutes and we are still keeping her down at this time. Thank you for your help and your web site. This will be marked as a favorite! Thanks again!"

BLACK PEPPER
    Quinn from Philadelphia, PA writes: "Another way to stop bleeding is with black pepper! It doesn't hurt and won't injure a pet (or human) if ingested. Small packets from fast food restaurants are great tucked into first aid kits, glove compartments and grooming supplies.

CORN MEAL

Jessica from Nashville, TN writes: "My doctor told me to use this instead of buying the items in the pet store. I was skeptical at first and was freaking out when I couldn't figure out exactly how to make it stop bleeding! But I just coated his nail with it and made him lay down for about 10 minutes. He actually went to sleep while I was holding his leg. Its an excellent method and much cheaper!"

FLOUR
    Susan from Milton, WV writes: "I accidently stepped on my chihuahuas paw with my heeled shoes. She yelped and I thought that was that. Then I noticed bleeding and found that she lost her whole nail. I put 1/2 cup flour in a baggy and placed her paw in it. I twisted the top of the bag and put a clip to hold it. I held her for about 30 minutes to keep her off her foot. It stopped the bleeding very quickly."

Christina from Charleston, WV writes: "Hi. I have used flour for years to stop bleeding when I cut my pug's nails too short. They are very thick and crooked. The vet said this was safe and non-toxic. I just put some flour in my palm and dip his nail in it. It usually stops the bleeding immediately. Flour can be used for other minor wounds on your dogs body too."

10. DLS

DLS Notable member

Hot Spot Remedies

Hot spots are those nasty and extremely painful sores that develop on a dog’s skin and could be the result of many things, such as a little bug bite, a small sore or a scratch on the skin that begins to itch and bother the animal.' As the issue becomes increasingly irritating, the dog will begin to lick, chew and scratch at the area, causing bacteria to grow and before you know it, your puppy has a hot spot. The key with hot spots is to act fast!!! Did you know that a hot spot can go from being barely visible, to several inches in size in just thirty minutes? Did you also know that when the problem goes untreated the spot can increase to twenty times its size in just a day? Like I said, you need to Act Fast!

Here’s how you can treat those hot spots at home, easily and effectively.

First of all you need to clear away some of the fur in the area of the hot spot. Use some K-Y Jelly and apply it to the spot. Hold a couple of fingers against the spot so that you can carefully cut away the fur above your finger line and go beyond the outer edges of the sore approximately one inch. Use warm water to rinse the area well and you’ll find that by using the jelly, the fur has stuck to it and washes out easily. Afterwards use electric clippers to shave off only the fur that surrounds the sore.

Now you need to cleanse the sore well. Use a Water Based Cleanser or antiseptic Betadine if you have it. Be sure that all the cleanser is rinsed away as it could cause further irritation if any were to remain.

Treat the hot spots by using Black Tea Bags, (but don’t use herbal ones). Black tea contains tannic acids, which will help to dry out and heal the sores quickly. Soak the tea bag in hot water and once removed let it cool. Apply the tea bag directly onto the hotspots for about five minutes. Repeat this treatment three to six times every day until the spot is dry and healed.

You can also use some Witch Hazel on the spots, as it will provide a cooling and soothing sensation.

11. DLS

DLS Notable member

Hive Remedies

A pet can come down with hives as a result of an insect sting or an allergic reaction to any number of things such as annual vaccinations, pollen, household cleaners etc.' If you have a longer haired pet the visible signs of the hives may not be noticeable but your pet may be excessively scratching, which might be the tip off. You will however be able to feel the bumpy welts and rash beneath the fur, and on a pet with short hair it will be more than evident. Additionally your pets face or eyes may be slightly or very much swollen.

It may be wise to use an over the counter antihistamine to reduce the swelling. Administer 1 milligram for every pound that the animal weighs and repeat the treatment every six to eight hours.

There are a number of other treatments that you can do at home in order to relieve the itchiness and discomfort that your pet is currently experiencing. Give your pet an icy bath and allow it to soak for about ten or twenty minutes at least once per day. If your pet is too tall for the bath water to cover all of the itchy areas, then use a cup to pour the water over him or her.

You can also brew up a pot of Black or Green Tea and once it has cooled, add it to the bathwater. The tea contains tannins, which will naturally help to relieve the itching. You might also choose to use the already cooled, steeped tea bags to dab some of the most severely affected areas.

Lastly, try filling a cotton sock with Oatmeal Flakes and run water through the sock. Placing the wet, oatmeal sock on the hives will soothe the skin.

12. DLS

DLS Notable member

Natural Flea Remedies
    Updated: 09/29/2008

Did you know that a flea could jump 100 times its own height?' Did you also know that just one female flea will produce 20,000 eggs in a period of only three months?' Lastly, did you know that it can take anywhere from three to six weeks for flea eggs to hatch?' Now that's definitely some eye opening, yet frightening flea trivia!

The pests in question are tiny, brown, wingless insects that survive on the blood of your pet. Unfortunately once they have found that food source they are very difficult to get rid of. Any of you who have been faced with the regrettable task of dealing with fleas truly know how trying it can be, and how incredibly quickly the problem can spread to other pets and to your home.

So first let's talk about a couple of ways in which we can prevent flea problems for our pets altogether. The addition of Garlic to every one of our dog's meals will help to keep them free of fleas, as will the addition of Sulphur to their diet on a once a week basis. You can also try giving your pet Black Walnut Hulls that come in a capsule form at many health food stores which will repel not only fleas but also, ticks and mosquitoes. Keep in mind that none of these solutions will work overnight and may take about four to six weeks before they are effective.

If you suspect that your pet does have a flea infestation examine the animal closely by separating the hair on the animals back or flank area. You want to be able to view the skin of the animal as well as possible and it will always be easier to detect fleas on those pets that have a lighter skin tone. During your search you might actually be able to see a flea scurrying by, but more likely you will see the evidence that the flea has left behind. Flea dirt (or feces) will appear as small, black pebbles in the fur and on the skin. To determine whether or not what you see is actually flea dirt, take some wet paper towel and wipe it over areas where the dirt is most prominent. If the dirt on the wet paper towel has dissolved into red blood then you can bet that you are indeed dealing with a flea problem.

Now let's get down to bathing your flea infested friend. Use an herbal shampoo that contains a combination of any of pine cedar, bergamot, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, citronella, juniper or geranium. Before you wet down your pet here's a handy trick to ensure that you are successful in killing all of those nasty fleas. Know going into this process that as soon as you wet the animal down, those fleas are going to run for higher and dryer ground; this means they will flea (no pun intended) to the head area. You should never douse your pet's head with water and certainly not soap, so in order to prevent the fleas from escaping make sure that you first pour a thick layer of the shampoo all around the head and neck area; as close to the top of the head and underneath the chin area as you can get. Pour small amounts of water with your hand onto the soapy area and spend some time building up a thick, soapy barrier that will kill the fleas that attempt to pass through it. Proceed by wetting down and lathering up the rest of the animal's body while frequently returning to massage and re-lather the neck area. Fleas are very difficult to kill and it is better for your pet if you can handle the problem with one good bath rather than several of them, so be sure to leave the shampoo on for at least 15 minutes or more while continuing to massage the soap deep into the animal's fur. Rinse the animal thoroughly and dry it off well, especially during cold weather.

13. DLS

DLS Notable member

Constipation Remedies for Pets

While perhaps not the most desirable of all subject matter, constipation can at times be a fact of life for our pets. Constipation can occur in pets for any number of various reasons and might result from pets that have ingested clumps of grass, as a result of swallowing bones, or could be due to a hairball blockage.

Constipation can be a very serious issue regardless of whether it occurs on just an occasional basis, or perhaps on a more regular one for those pets who may be more prone to the problem. Did you know that certain breeds of dogs could experience more difficulty when defecating than others will? It may sound strange but it's true. Dogs that have corkscrew like tails often have anatomical characteristics that interfere with the normal defecation process, which can mean chronic constipation problems. Remember that the longer the waste sits in the body without being passed, the more water that will be pulled out of it by the colon. This means that the stool will become more and more dry, making it yet even more difficult to pass.

One of the best ways to deal with constipation is to prevent it. A very healthy and easy way to do that is to incorporate pumpkin into your pet's food. Yes, that's right - I said PUMPKIN. The simple fact is that pumpkin is a great source of fiber and has a high water content. Both of which contribute to keeping your pet's bowl movements regular. You'll want to make sure that you use the pureed canned pumpkin, or you can puree your own using a fresh pumpkin. Either way however don't buy pumpkin pie filling by mistake; it's definitely not the same thing. The following scale will help you determine how much you should mix into every meal.

Pets who weigh less than 15 pounds = 1 - 2 teaspoons
    Pets who weigh 15 - 35 pounds = 1 - 2 tablespoons
    Pets who weigh 35 pounds and up = 2 - 5 tablespoons depending on size

(Monitor your pet's stool, if the consistency of the feces is pudding- like, then just cut back on the amount of pumpkin a bit.)

Here's a great trick so that none of that canned or fresh pumpkin goes to waste before you use it all. Use ice-cube trays to freeze individual portions of pumpkin. Once each portion is set, dump them out into a freezer bag so that each day you can remove and thaw out the amount that you require.

14. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

Very helpful info DLS! I'll have to bookmark the page for easy access.

With the ACV, it's important to use the raw - unfiltered stuff with the "mother" in it to get the effects since the regular stuff on the store shelves won't do much. I have a bottle of the Bragg ACV on hand here, which is one of the bigger brands available in most health food and organic sections of stores.
    It's good for lots of minor things that ail people too. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DLS

DLS Notable member

JanS, right you are about the Apple Cider Vinegar.........Unpasterized, unfiltered, Organic ACV is the only one with all the nutrients still in it. Spectrum is the brand I get.

And yes, anything you use for dogs can be used for all other pets as well as us humans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FredC

FredC Guest

Another Great Post DLS. I have made it a sticky. ^_^

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

@Drogon

18. Kaiser2016

Kaiser2016 Active Member

ACV is great for ppl too!

• Agree Agree x 1