Nail trimming

Roccos mom

Hello all
Do you guys have any recommendations on what nail trimmer can I get . Want to make sure I get a good one

I use this:

It’s been a work in progress to get her used to it. I do it when she is sleepy and reward with treats, praise, and always have a favorite toy nearby.

I only trim the tip off and I don’t know if I’m to cut more, but worried to cut the quick. My girl doesn’t mind her feet being touched, but using the nail clipper gets her worked up. Therefore, I have been working with her on it. I won’t even cut her nails sometimes just hold her paw, push the nail out and tap it with the nail clipper, say yes, good girl and reward. Keep repeating to desensitize her.

What does the diamond grinding bit do better?
It never wears out (lasts a lifetime), so you never buy/change sandpaper things, but most of all it is said to not get hot, which on these big heavy nails the sandpaper ones do. I have to go from nail to nail and then back again because the heat transfers to the nail if you hold it on one nail too long. The sharper diamond bit is said to eliminate that problem.

See this thread with comments from several members with the diamond bit: Dremel

wish list is the diamond grinding bit.
Same here. Now they're making a bunch of knock offs that aren't the same and they only cost about $10. They call them diamond bits but they don't last forever and it's just a light coating on the surface.

This is really informative because I thought I had read on here that sandpaper is what caused a heat problem. I have long had a stone attachment and have been concerned that it was liable to cause too much heat.

I do jump from nail to nail, though.

This is really informative because I thought I had read on here that sandpaper is what caused a heat problem. I have long had a stone attachment and have been concerned that it was liable to cause too much heat.

I do jump from nail to nail, though.

I use sandpaper also. I don't stay or put lots of pressure on a nail a long time. Will also jump to the next nail until the last then go back to the first nail.

I have the 7760 on my watch list at Ebay too. My 8100 works great but there's been a problem with the switch for a long time and it would cost nearly as much to buy a replacement switch as it would to buy a new one.

Back