1. Disclaimer: Hello Guest, Doberman Chat Forums presents the opinions and material on these pages as a service to its membership and to the general public but does not endorse those materials, nor does it guarantee the accuracy of any opinions or information contained therein. The opinions expressed in the materials are strictly the opinion of the writer and do not represent the opinion of, nor are they endorsed by, Doberman Chat Forums. Health and medical articles are intended as an aid to those seeking health information and are not intended to replace the informed opinion of a qualified Veterinarian.”
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

Nail grinding video

Discussion in 'Doberman Health Issues and Questions' started by Marinegeekswife, Feb 6, 2012.

1. SonLight

SonLight Member

No, she is so old she doesn't move :) And we keep her paws closely trimmed (hair-wise), top and bottom.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

I've never noticed anything like that. I'll have to pay more attention and see if that happens for us, too.

Sorry, I know nothing about Macs but here is the definition of a Plugin from Wikipedia: "In computing, a plug-in (or plugin) is a set of software components that adds specific abilities to a larger software application. If supported, plug-ins enable customizing the functionality of an application. For example, plug-ins are commonly used in web browsers to play video, scan for viruses, and display new file types. Well-known plug-ins examples include Adobe Flash Player, QuickTime, and Microsoft Silverlight."

• Like Like x 4
  3. Deepblue

Deepblue Notable member

Thank you,thats more than I knew.....I feel like jonny 5 inthat 80s movie whos johhny or maybe it was wheres johhny.Input input I need input!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  4. Max Hawk

Max Hawk Hot Topics Subscriber

EXCELLENT YOUR HIRED!!!:) You can show this to my darn groomer they could do so much better than they do;) I know if ya want something done right do it yourself!! Thanks Jess I have seen other tutorials and I'm going to start doing the boys nails myself! This is the best video on it I have seen and really so very helpful :ty:

• Like Like x 3
  5. Marinegeekswife

Marinegeekswife Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh wow! Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  6. EARL99016

EARL99016 Goofy Veteran Member Hot Topics Subscriber

• Like Like x 1
  7. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Thank you sooooo much! Great video! I feel much better about doing this now.

8. salisa826

salisa826 Hot Topics Subscriber

Oh I need to watch this. Finally bought a dremmel

Lisa Mom of 2 human children and 1 furbaby

9. JanS

JanS DCF Owner Administrative Staff Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

I realized last night that if I go side to side it works better for me since going the other way I seem to bump the paw pad or top of the nail when it jumps. I still try to round them out, but maybe I just need to turn the speed down so it doesn't grab and jump like that. It might just be that this newer Dremel is too big for my hand so I don't have good control of it.
    Anyone else have that problem?

10. Oh Little Oji

Oh Little Oji Formerly Tad Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Not sure if I get what you're saying exactly, but I know I have to have the tool rotate upward on the nail.

I also, given how freaking thick Doberman nails are, have taken to doing one side (L or R) of a paw's nails, then coming back and doing the other side of the nails. In other words, let's take the front left paw: I'll do the inside side of each nail, then I'll do the outside side of each nail.

I will do some other random rounding off and smoothing as well.

Then of course I have to do the dewclaws. :whoop:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. zoniezz

zoniezz Jr Member

Entertaining, but very informative. I should attempt it myself, Izzy is already use to the dremel.

• Agree Agree x 1