Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest!
We are glad you found us, if you find anything useful here please consider registering to see more content and get involved with our great community members, it takes less than a minute!

My puppy just saved my ass, kinda.

Discussion in 'Doberman Talk and Discussions' started by Josht87, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Josht87

Josht87 New Member

I just arrived home with Cato (my dog) at 11:45 pm.

As I was approaching the house I heard some strange noises in the garden that sounded like metal clinking together. All the lights in the house were off except one.

I entered the house quietly, didn’t turn on any of the lights so as not to alert anyone, opened the back door to let Cato in the garden and straight away he sprinted to the back of the garden, dived in the bushes and started barking very aggressively in a way that I haven’t heard him before. As soon as he did that someone ran out, jumped the fence into the neighbours garden and then again onto the street.

I didn’t see who it was or make any identification.

But Cato certainly got lots of kisses after that.

He’s a 5 month old puppy and has had no training whatsoever, was very impressed.

• Like Like x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 7
    • Wow x 5
  2. Tropicalbri's

Tropicalbri's $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good boy Cato. These dobes will always amaze us with their skills.

I am very glad you are safe!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

Awesome job Cato!!!

I am sure his strut is a little harder and his head is held a little higher now....

Makes you super proud, doesn’t it?!?!?!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

THAT person won't be back! :spit: Good boy, Cato! :dobe:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Doberman Gang

Doberman Gang Hot Topics Subscriber

This is what most people want when they say they want a protection dog!!! Good boy

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  6. LifeofRubie

LifeofRubie Notable member

Boom! Good boy!

• Like Like x 3
  7. Firestar Dobe

Firestar Dobe $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Cato ROCKS! :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Minionmama

Minionmama Jr Member

AWESOME! !! Give Cato lots of love and treats! !

• Like Like x 2
  9. Josht87

Josht87 New Member

A45D2753-6D1F-4CBB-93AA-1ADA000CA5EC.jpeg 114A8506-FEDB-4A30-ACD9-A1D38419EB03.jpeg

Haha, Cato says thank you everyone! ;)

Was very proud of him, especially seeing as I got him as a pet and not a guard dog!

He’ll get lots of treats today. :D

• Appreciation Appreciation x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Tropicalbri's

He is a good looking boy.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Viemarangelrock

Viemarangelrock $ Premium Subscriber $ Hot Topics Subscriber $ Forum Donor $

Good lad! :thumbsup2:

Many years ago my rescue boy Max alerted me to something going on outside. It was very late evening and at the time we lived in the middle of town. Lots of drunks, druggies...I grabbed hold of his collar and cracked the door openly slightly. In the street outside of our garden was an irate man shouting and cursing at the top of his lungs “ You f’king bitch, when I find you I’m gonna kill you!” It went on and on and he kept looking in our garden???!
    Max kicked in BIG TIME...OH MY WORD!! He was going wild I had to hold on to him for dear life. I wanted the guy gone so I shouted “You carry on like that I’ll let the dog go! NOW GO! *or words to that affect ;)* Quite brave I thought. My protector beside me had my back. I just knew it!!!

Let’s just say the guy moved on. I still had hold of Max when he had disappeared out of my sight. The next minute this girl appears :wideyed: standing in the middle of my garden. Shaking like a shitting dog!! Jesus, she climbed over the wall and hid in my garden :eek:

Max wasn’t having anything to do with her, either. I told her which way the guy went and she quickly jumped the wall and disappeared.

That was the one and only time in 10 years that I ever saw the difference in his behaviour and demeanour. He was freakin’ awesome, I tell ya! I just felt....safe! :thumbsup2:

• Wow x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Josht87

Josht87 New Member

@Tropicalbri's thank you!!

@Viemarangelrock wow hope she said thank you to max! :D
    Yeah it does give you some reassurance that’s for sure. They are special dogs!

On the other side of things though I had some woman in the park today following me around and giving me a hard time about his ears and calling me all sorts of names, she even took a photo of him which I’m guessing she was going to post somewhere. People need to start respecting boundaries :/.

I wonder if that kind of stuff has happened to anyone else on here or just me because I live in the UK, (a country where ear cropping isn’t practiced).

• Empathetic Empathetic x 2
  13. Tropicalbri's

It happens everywhere. It’s best to not engage. Just turn your back to them and walk away. With my quirky sense of humor I probably would have had a shirt on under a light jacket that had some saying like “Mind Your Own Damn Business”. Then just remove the jacket and tell her to take a picture of this as you turn and walk away.
    Most likely my language on the shirt would not have been that polite, more graphic perhaps. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. MyBuddy

MyBuddy Moderator Hot Topics Subscriber

You're not alone!
    Scolded for cropped ears !

• Like Like x 2
  15. Josht87

Josht87 New Member

EEE0D3DA-71A3-4A6E-A56F-179569EE1323.jpeg D8A801E6-83D9-430D-A00A-87B936BDA307.jpeg 88BCD9EE-FC0A-4646-A357-7B0ED7EF0846.jpeg Took the posts out for a bit today, starting to look like a real dog! ;)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Minionmama

Minionmama Jr Member

He's looking good!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  17. Ddski5

Ddski5 $ Forum Donor $

Cato is not a dog.....
    He is a Doberman!!

There is a difference.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Josht87